Screen Flicker while typing?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday. So far loving it. There are a few things that I cannot do, which I know that Windows Phone does not support, but maybe there is an app for that?

On iPhone, you could set your ringer and vibrate to OFF for all calls, but then set individual contacts to vibrate.
Block unknown or unwanted calls (GDR2 has the API for this)
Switch between Ringer,Vibrate, AND Silent without going to settings.
See battery percentage on home screen.

I've already come to terms with those things and they aren't dealbreakers in the least (though I would really like to block certain callers) but something I just noticed, is that when sending a text message, every time I type a character, the screen flickers. That is pretty obnoxious and was hoping someone had some insight to that one.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday. So far loving it. There are a few things that I cannot do, which I know that Windows Phone does not support, but maybe there is an app for that?

On iPhone, you could set your ringer and vibrate to OFF for all calls, but then set individual contacts to vibrate.
Block unknown or unwanted calls (GDR2 has the API for this)
Switch between Ringer,Vibrate, AND Silent without going to settings.
See battery percentage on home screen.

I've already come to terms with those things and they aren't dealbreakers in the least (though I would really like to block certain callers) but something I just noticed, is that when sending a text message, every time I type a character, the screen flickers. That is pretty obnoxious and was hoping someone had some insight to that one.

Touch the volume button and tap the icon in the top right hand corner. that would switch you between ring and vibrate without going into settings.
Settings individual contacts to vibrate or pretty muchanything else you want to with profile is nonexistent for now.

To see battery percentage you can use an apps live tile.Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

With regards to screen flickering, as your phone is new , make sure the sofftware is up to date.
Settings
Phone Update
Check for updates

You can also try updating your display andtouch
Use this app to update it, as well as other utilities

LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos