XBOX music doubling issues?

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
1. I've been having some issues with exporting music to the 8XT. I add the files and they export to SD just fine, but then I get a "doubling" effect on the songs. As in, when I scroll the "songs" section on the phone, every song is doubled. They are also doubled in the Albums section. Any idea why this might be happening?

a. For troubleshooting, I have reformatted the SD card.
b. I have tried just a single mp3 export
---I have not tried restoring the phone yet, maybe I should if this is an isolated issue?

2. I currently have 3 albums on my phone which isn't much at all, but when I scroll over to "songs" the phone lags like nobodies business, I just wanted to confirm that this was happening to you all as well?

Thanks for the help in advance

Notti_Hindoo

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Your phone needs the amber update i have similar issues. Mines not double. It increases evetytime i open music. So one files about listed 30+ times. Delete one of them none will work. Same is happening with my vidoes and photos.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The 8XT has the amber update I believe, at least if amber = GDR2. I managed to fix it by turning off all syncing with XBOX in the "settings" -> "applications" menu. I then went into the PHONE menu, deleted ALL artists, albums and playlists information. Deleted EVERYTHING from the SD card, restarted the phone, and finally put music back into the SD card. Seems fixed for now, though duplication seems to happen over time sometimes.

I still have lag on the "songs" selection, even with just one album, interesting issue, hopefully it will be fixed with a MUSIC and VIDEOS app update.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Your phone needs the amber update i have similar issues. Mines not double. It increases evetytime i open music. So one files about listed 30+ times. Delete one of them none will work. Same is happening with my vidoes and photos.

The 8xt comes stock with GDR2. Amber is GDR2+Nokia software...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05