Think I just got GDR3...

chriss1928

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok so just got an OTA update and now my phone has the ability to kill apps on multitask this is GDR3 right? Should I feel special or has this been out for the 8xt?

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Check the phone information under settings and see if you're running OS version 8.0.10512.142. If so, you've got GDR3. Also, check to see if you can add custom text message tones, or for other features like Driving Mode.

My guess is that Sprint didn't just push it out, as it's still just a developer preview. Did you manually choose to do the preview?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Me too.

You know, folks say HTC doesn't support WP8 very well, but so far, I have the complete opposite opinion. We've been the first to get GDR2 & now GDR3!

(Right? I think we're the first to see it...)

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Me too.

You know, folks say HTC doesn't support WP8 very well, but so far, I have the complete opposite opinion. We've been the first to get GDR2 & now GDR3!

(Right? I think we're the first to see it...)

From the chatter on the other forums, still wondering when it's going to happen, ONE person posted that "sprint" got it last night (10/22 into 10/23). I have the developer preview installed, and it's currently downloading ANOTHER update on top of that. Here's hoping for the best :)

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes we are the first to actually see the GDR3 update pushed to our phones. Someone from Sprint is going to get fired for this, I just know it!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the GDR3 changes, I noticed that my in-call volume was higher (earpiece). I can't at this time find a list of the "bugfixes" that were included on top of the GDR3 enhancements.
Anybody else notice major differences either coming from gdr2 or gdr3 preview?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Nothing from the GDR3 Preview, but HTC added a few nice bug fixes with the camera & speakers that weren't in the preview.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it as well. So far so good. I think the more important thing is the bug fixes. I've noticed significantly less lag; I remember the music app would stutter hard when switching from song list to albums, not anymore. I haven't had the crackling speaker issue yet either, hopefully that is finally fixed, that was just embarrassing when I tried to show my friends how awesome my phone was and all of the sudden YouTube videos sound like a robot. Overall things are running more smoothly, glad we are one of the first to get the update pushed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa