8XT owners! Do you think we'll get the 8.1 update this week or next week?

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been searching online for more info about the update for the 8XT, and I kept seeing that we might get it in "early December." I know HTC and Sprint changed the dates many times, but do you think we'll finally get it this time around, or will it get delayed again? It would be great to get it this week. I've been itching to use Cortana and finally change my start screen :)

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ha, lets not hold our breath I'll take anything I can get at this point. The issue with secure Wi-Fi networks is killing me

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ha, lets not hold our breath I'll take anything I can get at this point. The issue with secure Wi-Fi networks is killing me

Yep, that's really the only issue I have with 8.1...everything else works well for me.

I'm the guy that asked HTC USA on twitter and tipped WC...to me, 'Early' could me anything in the next 2 weeks. Its really a guess from here on out...I mean, its only been what, 7 months now?

I'll go back to my "old" HTC One (M7) if they don't get this to us pretty soon, and switch my wife to her old GS3...we really need Sprint to show WP some love or I'm going to take the hint that 'they're done' with WP....

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I actually saw your post on twitter and on windows central, which is how I got the info. The 8XT is actually my very first smartphone and I love it, but I'm really disappointed to learn that Sprint doesn't care as much for windows phones. It would be nice to see a Lumia or even the M8 for windows added to the list, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Let's just hope for the best.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't realized this until today, but it appears as though HTC is now updating the 8XT's upgrade status on their website.

So, if you go here: HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

then select 'Sprint' as the Carrier, then the 8XT, you'll see we're in 'Stage 3 - Certification'. This, of course doesn't really line up with the Android 'Anatomy of an update' steps, except on the very right of the drawing, you'll notice it says 'Stage 3 - Test/Certification'. So I think we can safely assume we're there.

HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States

Other carriers & update status are also listed...ie. the AT&T 8X is stuck on 8.0! (ouch)

Attachments

• 12-1-2014 2-23-30 PM.png
    12-1-2014 2-23-30 PM.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 7

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
That is awesome news! Maybe they'll release it this week or next week after all. I just looked on HTC's site and saw that T-Mobile's 8X says the same thing as AT&T, but Verizon's 8X says "stage 3" as well.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I tipped WC about this news, in the broader sense that HTC is showing 8.1 status updates on this page for all HTC phones...but as usual, since its not about a Lumia...its not news here...

strikeswp

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yep, saw this news on the Sprint forums. I suppose early December could be anywhere in the first half of December. I am hoping for this week though! It's been a long wait.

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. They owe it to us for changing the date so many times! I just hope we don't get the same news as AT&T and T-Mobile. I wonder why their 8X is stuck on 8.0 and Verizon's isn't?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, saw this news on the Sprint forums. I suppose early December could be anywhere in the first half of December. I am hoping for this week though! It's been a long wait.

I love how my tweet to HTC USA got picked up by multiple online sites (including the Sprint forums) as their news...

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
So I just saw that Sprint started rolling out the 8.1 update to the Samsung ATIV S neo. Hopefully that means we'll be getting ours soon too! :smile:

TopMJW

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
VERY disappointing that, according the HCT update site, T-Mobile isn't going to provide the update for the 8x! Does anybody know if the Developer Preview has been working OK on the T-Mobile 8x?
Time to finally shop around for a new carrier...after over 14 yrs w/ T-Mobile :/

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally think that once the majority of Ativ S Neo's are updated (ie...the update push servers load slows down) they'll load our update onto them and begin the update for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett