Is anyone else picking up an update on the 8XT?

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So while updating i got a blue screen with a sad face and an error saying my computer ran into a problem and needs to be restarted. Had to hold down the power button to get out and try again, it went right back to the moving cogs screen when i turned it back on.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The 8.0 8XT in our house updated the first time I checked (after unchecking/uninstalling the DP and rebooting) and is updating now.

Our other 2, nada so far.

realitydroid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
So while updating i got a blue screen with a sad face and an error saying my computer ran into a problem and needs to be restarted. Had to hold down the power button to get out and try again, it went right back to the moving cogs screen when i turned it back on.

Your phone blue screened on you? Wow! I've heard that Windows Phone 8 was based on the same kernel from the desktop version. But goodness, they even included in blue screens?

Well I hope you're able to install this successfully.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the HTC tile works now on non-DP phones? My wifes 8XT (officially updated tonight), her HTC tile is keeping the correct time.

No updates to the 8.1 DP 8XT's at the house...which makes sense I suppose? They're at a higher release 8.1.1 than the official update. I would think they'd be at a lower firmware version though.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Your phone blue screened on you? Wow! I've heard that Windows Phone 8 was based on the same kernel from the desktop version. But goodness, they even included in blue screens?

Well I hope you're able to install this successfully.

Yes exact same blue screen as a windows 8 pc. After I restarted it updated fine. Just took close to an hour to finish.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just compared my DP 8XT's version numbers in the About -> More Info section to the officially updated phone. Only the Radio Software version number is different. (Obviously the DP 8XT is 8.1.1 now, its the OS version is higher).

The 8XT, updated today by HTC officially, is 0.40.50.0918, DP Updated 8XT is 0.40.50.0830.

There's our WiFi patch I'm assuming...firmware versions are the same.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So excited about this update! I was bummed as heck just yesterday when I tried looking for the new Minecraft PE release and I didn't have 8.1 :(

Currently at the cogs, might go work on other stuff so I'm not sitting here staring at it.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just compared my DP 8XT's version numbers in the About -> More Info section to the officially updated phone. Only the Radio Software version number is different. (Obviously the DP 8XT is 8.1.1 now, its the OS version is higher).

The 8XT, updated today by HTC officially, is 0.40.50.0918, DP Updated 8XT is 0.40.50.0830.

There's our WiFi patch I'm assuming...firmware versions are the same.

So how do you suppose we go about getting the firmware? I checked for updates today and several more came through but they were all related to DP. No firmware update available.

Did the preview program screw this process? Are we never going to receive the updated firmware because we have a "newer" version of the OS?

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here on latest possible dev preview and haven't received the update yet. I hope we haven't waited this long and it doesn't work for those of us that upgraded to dev preview.

I just tried what someone else tried which is to turn off dev preview, remove the app, and restart but to no avail. I guess we will wait it out a little longer. What a bummer!

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to an HTC tech support mgr today, they did just feel that we'll see it eventually as it rolls out in waves...I'm doubtful of that though...

Last edited:

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
i'm a bit confused by the whole "released in waves" thing. does that mean it's location based as to when you receive the update?

the fact that quite a few developer preview users are reporting in that they haven't received it is making me nervous. i wouldn't doubt HTC's ability to screw this up.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i'm a bit confused by the whole "released in waves" thing. does that mean it's location based as to when you receive the update?

the fact that quite a few developer preview users are reporting in that they haven't received it is making me nervous. i wouldn't doubt HTC's ability to screw this up.

They told me its divided up by S/N's of the phones. They used the example S/N's ending in 'ABC' are first, 'DEF' 2nd, etc, etc.

I'm really suspect its messed up and DP users aren't getting it...I'm hopeful that we'll be able to get our new MS reps to get HTC to take a look at their rollout criteria...I suspect we're being excluded somehow...(not intentionally, mind you...)

heat_fan1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm also on 8.1 DP and haven't gotten the update yet. Here's my About screen:

Firmware: 3030.00.21501.651
Radio software: 0.40.50.08.30

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So if they aren't pushing the firmware update to DP users then my Wi-Fi is essentially borked for good.

I think we just need HTC to understand what's going on...I haven't reached out to anyone this weekend, but I'm hoping to find someone to contact. Anyone try tweeting Joe B. yet? Maybe Daniel, or the new MS employees can help us...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss