Is anyone else picking up an update on the 8XT?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know of any dp users to have gotten the update? it might just be time to start panicking

I haven't. I sent Sam Sabri a PM asking if they had a way into HTC's walls to get them to understand that the HTC upgrade servers aren't recognizing that we need the update (at least the firmware portion) to fix our phones as well.

Honestly, if they pass us over, I'll be taking the $1/mo lease for an iPhone 6 from Sprint along with my other 2 8XT's as well. I'm really tired of swimming upstream...

Has anyone gotten it?

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried this morning and still nothing yet. I'm really thinking we're $hit out of luck. Even if it got sporadically rolled out, by now we would have received it and I would think at least one of us would have reported in. This just sucks. We waited all that time for this bull. All I frickin' want is my wifi issue fixed, is it that much to ask????

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything back from Sam. I'm not sure if we all need to start tweeting @HTCUSA (nicely) to get them to fully understand that we're not getting the update or what. Sprint says that the update comes from HTC's servers, not theirs, so it'd be HTC looking at why we're not getting it.

Descanso

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated today!....I'm in LA and my last name ends with a "G" if that's how they're deciding how to roll it out.

It took about an hour and I had to delete some apps to clear room for the 860MB of space I needed on the phone to upgrade. The biggest change, by far, is the ability to put apps on the memory card. That is huge and a game changer for this phone! Haven't thoroughly played with Cortana yet but I know she'll wait, and wants me. Looks like lots of new stuff to play with so I'm happy.

Edit: FYI I updated from 8.0. No DP for me.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I got a reply and it helps us in no way. They are just saying to check for updates so I will follow up with another tweet.

HTC USA
@HTCUSA
@cabbonizio Hi, Chris! Pls check out s.htc.com/1AhujCS and if you still have trouble, contact us at s.htc.com/1Ahum1u Thanks

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
had a live chat with a support agent and it seems they're looking to point the finger at Microsoft. they claim that developer phones only receive updates via the develop program and that there's nothing they can do but contact microsoft.

i'm hoping he just doesn't know what he's talking about, becauss otherwise we're screwed.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
There is hope. Looks like Spring is getting their own Lumia. Since I've waited this long for the HTC only to be dissapointed, at least we have another hope with the Lumia. I still would like this darn wifi issue to get fixed for us. So what's next going to Microsoft to see if they can release us the ROM for the firmware upgrade? Somebody has this and if I have to upload this baby myself I will do so.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It is great that Sprint is finally getting a Lumia, but the specs on the Lumia seem pretty meh, with half the RAM of the 8XT and no front facing camera. I hope this is a good sign Sprint might bring more Lumia phones onboard, especially with Windows 10 coming up on the horizon.

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm just done with both MS and HTC now. This is ridiculous. Windows 10 isn't going to change anything. MS will continue to produce low end budget phones and the other OEMs will keep giving terrible support.

edit: after contacting htc support again, i've been told that it's most likely that it hasn't been rolled out to us yet.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone asked at a Sprint Service Center if they can flash our phones there? I never even thought of that...I know with my Android phones, they can reload the firmware/OS on the spot..

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
was the post where the update was announced deleted? i had it saved to my offline list and it seems to have vanished.

anyways after hitting up some more support agents, i've heard a bunch of different answers. i don't think there's any way to get a straight answer out of HTC.

Last edited:

Coopersmif

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps this will be of some help, at least I hope! So several months ago I attempted to install the developer preview on my Sprint 8XT. At the time the 8XT apparently couldn't support the developer preview so my phone updated a few times, and then when it finally rebooted it was still 8.0, and the phone couldn't find any new updates. Fast forward several months and last week the other two 8XT's on my family's Sprint plan (who didn't attempt to install the developer preview) updated to 8.1 but mine wouldn't update, it just couldn't find any new updates. Sprint kept giving me the same old bs, it's rolling out in waves, be patient, etc... and HTC would hardly even get involved. Well finally after talking to Microsoft today they agreed something seemed off about the whole situation so, they had me do a hard reset, and it worked! I now have 8.1 and everything is working great! I don't know if that will help anyone who did successfully install the developer preview but it did help me out! It's maybe at least something to try after backing up you WP.wp_ss_20141218_0013.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte