Incoming Picture Mail on 8.1 Broken

Descanso

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I no longer receive picture texts since I upgraded to 8.1 earlier this week. It's funny as I send them just fine and my recipients receive them no problem. But when they try to send me photos I get " Can't connect to the network".

Any suggestions from the more experienced out there?

Error Message.jpg

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I no longer receive picture texts since I upgraded to 8.1 earlier this week. It's funny as I send them just fine and my recipients receive them no problem. But when they try to send me photos I get " Can't connect to the network".

Any suggestions from the more experienced out there?

I opened a thread right below yours a couple days ago regarding this issue...all you need to know is in it.

Derek Powell

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
once you switch it to CDMA, give it a few seconds to reprovision to the network, and then it should work. It's a temporary solution hopefully.

Descanso

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that has been no solution to me whatsoever. Even on CDMA, each 8 hours or so, I am bombarded with 15 (and growing) picture mails that do not open up. If this isn't rectified in the next two weeks I'll have to leave. The good news is I am not under contract with Sprint. I have been with them since the spring of 2003. It may be time to move on. :straight:

Derek Powell

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Descanso you're not in Los Angeles by any chance? I'm suffering the same problem at my house and it is only one tower that is causing the receive issue. If I move and connect to a different tower I'm able to download the messages.

Data is affected for me at this tower as well. Download speeds on a network test are "untestable" or very slow, while upload speeds are fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster