Jiminy Christmas...com'on HTC...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that we're the Rodney Dangerfield of WP users...(if you're too young to know that reference, I feel sorry for you...great comic.)

If you go to the HTC Upgrade status page (I was checking on the Lollipop status for my HTC One (m7)...

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States Select 'Sprint', click on the "Windows Phone 8XT" picture you'll see this:

"This device is in the 4 - Complete stage of the Windows 8 release and will not be upgraded to Windows 8.1."

Clearly no one at HTC talks to anyone else...

<Posted from my HTC 8XT running the official 8.1 upgrade that apparently now doesn't exist...>

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
And if you guys aren't getting it, there's no hope for us 8X users in the UK. No problem. As I already said, HTC on Windows Phone...nope, not the one.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
And if you guys aren't getting it, there's no hope for us 8X users in the UK. No problem. As I already said, HTC on Windows Phone...nope, not the one.

Oh, sorry, you're probably not getting the point of my post...

We (8XT Owners) received the official 8.1 upgrade from HTC about 3 weeks ago...so...HTC released 8.1 to us all, but their official upgrade status site says we're never getting it. (Even though we have it directly from them.)

And...an 8XT (special Sprint only CDMA phone, w/SD card & BoomSound) isn't an 8X...so its really no indication on 8X upgrades...

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh, sorry, you're probably not getting the point of my post...

We (8XT Owners) received the official 8.1 upgrade from HTC about 3 weeks ago...so...HTC released 8.1 to us all, but their official upgrade status site says we're never getting it. (Even though we have it directly from them.)

And...an 8XT (special Sprint only CDMA phone, w/SD card & BoomSound) isn't an 8X...so its really no indication on 8X upgrades...

Yeah my conspiracy theories surrounding HTC and Windows don't help me much :p but it is strange all the same...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss