HTC 7 Pro- Shall I wait till launch?

Jenifer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well it's Christmas time and it's time to buy a new mobile phones, I am bit confuse to buy new one as I have option of buying EVO 4G which is Android Phone which I wouldn't prefer but I liked HTC 7 Pro which will come with new OS version of 7 and Windows Phone is new for me and I want to use it but when I read some review and release date:

HTC 7 Pro-Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Release date

It stated then I have to wait for next few weeks to get it! So I want to take advice from experts that is this phone is better to wait for few weeks over HTC EVO 4G?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Evo and the 7 Pro are very different phones, and not just because of the OS.

So, first of all, if you want WP7 and not Android then it is certainly worth the wait. But the other things to consider is that the Evo is touchscreen only, while the 7 Pro has a slide out physical keyboard. Not sure how important that is to you, since it does add some bulk to the device and the screen is smaller.

There will likely be more devices coming to Sprint though with WP7 in the next couple of months to cater to different needs.

Jenifer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I really thanks for you suggestion and it's really make me and my husband happy to wait for HTC PRO 7 which have slide out physical keyboard which I love to use.:)

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Jen,
I agree with Dusteater, I would wait for CES they are going to be anouncing more Windows Phone 7 Devices and I'm pritty sure you will see a samsung anounced for Sprint
with the super AMLOD Screen that is very nice and I also hope Dell puts a CMDA antena in the new Dell Venue Pro that is getting awsome reviews..

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so the EVO Shift 4G was announced today and available Jan 9th. With that and the HTC 7 Pro being pretty similar in design (I think the 7 Pro keyboard is much better with the number row and directional keys instead of 4 rows and a touchpad), what do you think? I've used an EVO 4G for a few weeks now and besides some issues with Outlook/Exchange calendar sync, it's been pretty nice. I'm thinking of returning it though to try the EVO Shift 4G instead and would really like to try the 7 Pro whenever it comes out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Since Sprint will soon have the HTC 7 Pro vs. EVO Shift 4G - thoughts?

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, depends what OS you want. I'd go HTC 7 Pro since I cannot stand Google and really like the feel of WP7.

I'm finding that I don't use the full capabilities of this EVO (video chat, all of the entertainment apps, 4G, etc), but I do like that it's super fast in whatever you need to do. Given that the 7 Pro should also be super fast and it probably handles Outlook/Exchange sync of calendar better than Android, I think I'll return the EVO and wait to try the 7 Pro. The new EVO Shift would be just like the EVO, but heavier and I don't even mind the EVO keyboard.

Any ideas on when we might actually see the 7 Pro? I really want it to be good, but I wonder how it will seem less business user friendly after seeing comments from Microsoft like:

"It's important to note that Windows Phone 7 (WP7) primarily was developed as a consumer device and not an enterprise device. As a result there of many of the enterprise oriented features we had in Windows Mobile 6.x aren't available in WP7."

Will WP7 do as well with full Outlook/Exchange sync features as WinMo did?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, my mom was able to get a Samsung Focus and me and my sister were playing around hooking it up to a few different Exchange servers and experimenting with folders and the like, seemed pretty good to me. I am also looking forward to tighter Live integration as I have really started using the various Live services like SkyDrive, etc...

Of course, WP7 will be getting more business oriented features as time goes on, which is great to see. My biggest problem with the HTC 7 Pro, and the reason I am not getting it, is that is does not support global roaming. I am overseas frequently and require a global roaming cabaple phone. I am also curious to see how WP7 handles CDMA/GSM switching when roaming. As much as I hate to admit it, that is one thing my Blackberry does do very nicely. So, I hope MS pulls off a nice interface for this feature whenever someone gets around to making a CDMA/GSM phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99