Its here!!!

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and I'm honestly thinking about getting this phone. However, one of the issues I have to check on is when the the phone goes into landscape mode, if the apps go into landscape mode as well. The GSM version of this phone on youtube doesn't go into landscape or bettery yet not all apps go into landscape mode.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Bleh. Sprint is torturing me. Why do they not give us real hardware? I swear, if they don't get a global roaming Windows Phone, I will have to go AT&T. I am sick of my BB, and have no other choice on Sprint. Frustrates me beyond words.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am excited about this. Coming from the Palm Pixi, I cannot wait for the breath of fresh air I will feel when using this. I used the HTC Surround for a bit while testing it's bluetooth compatibility for work and I loved the OS (did not love the pointless slider).

I would pre-order it today... but I am going to be out of the country 19th-26th. So I might as well see if amazon wireless of best buy wireless have slightly better deals (or at least no mail in rebate) when I get back.

PS. I am coming form the precentral forums.... anyone here a former webOS-er?

chris4404

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to jump on board too but my only concern is app support. I'm still waiting for Kik and Google Voice primarily. Also any news on these?

TweetDeck
iStockManager
Mint.com
Last.fm
SiriusXM

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I am excited about this. Coming from the Palm Pixi, I cannot wait for the breath of fresh air I will feel when using this. I used the HTC Surround for a bit while testing it's bluetooth compatibility for work and I loved the OS (did not love the pointless slider).

I would pre-order it today... but I am going to be out of the country 19th-26th. So I might as well see if amazon wireless of best buy wireless have slightly better deals (or at least no mail in rebate) when I get back.

I was a Treo User if that helps

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to jump on board too but my only concern is app support. I'm still waiting for Kik and Google Voice primarily. Also any news on these?

TweetDeck
iStockManager
Mint.com
Last.fm
SiriusXM

I'm pritty sure google voice is on WP7
I don't know what the other one is

GODSPEED#WP

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I am a former Android user, current WebOS-er. I am excited with WP7 on Sprint too. WP7 is the only other OS besides WebOS that I am interested in. I believe Microsoft does/will have a great product.

However, seeing what HP has planned for WebOS gives me pause. I think they are going to create an amazing ecosystem with WebOS. They definitely have the capital, now if they just have good strategy...

I am one of the 9 year Sprint customers getting the shaft from Sprint with their Premier change on April 1. I have an upgrade that I have to use or lose it until 12/2011. I am thinking of getting the Arrive until the Pre3 comes out, just to get a feel for the OS. Who knows...

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
godspeed-- you should just call sprint and complain, threaten to leave, etc. they have made exceptions before. remember: the squeakiest wheel gets the grease.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe the Pre3 is going to be a world phone.

Worldphone??? - PreCentral Forums

Yeah and to be honest, I think that is the only phone I would consider besides WP7 at this point. I am done with RIM, the Tour is the worst phone I have ever owned. So, the Pre 3 will take a few months, guess I will just until this summer and see what is out there before I make a decision. I just really want to get rid of this BB Tour, and don't want to waste my upgrade until I can get something good.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Yeah and still a webOS'r until I get this WP7 baby in my hands. webOS is great but they took too long to get new phones to market so WP7 it is!

Anybody need a Pre+ on Sprint?

mjevans

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and I'm honestly thinking about getting this phone. However, one of the issues I have to check on is when the the phone goes into landscape mode, if the apps go into landscape mode as well. The GSM version of this phone on youtube doesn't go into landscape or bettery yet not all apps go into landscape mode.

The majority of apps don't turn landscape. But given that on mine I have a small number that do, I'd guess that it was down to the app developer whether or not this happens.

Also, a small number of the phone's OS pages don't turn either. Like the home page, the apps/progs menu page and Marketplace.

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
I just saw that HTC finally has the arrive on it's website. It mentions 16 GB eMMC. I take it that it won't be using simple external SD card just popped into the device but instead feature the built in Nand Flash storage which will improve performance. At least I hope that's what it means.

Also check out the Processor. It's listed as a Qualcomm? QSD8650 1 GHz. Most of the current WP7 Processors are the Qualcomm? QSD8250 1 GHz. I'm hoping to really see some kind of improvement with these specs.

*Update* Nevermind, just found out that the difference between 8250 and 8650 is added support for CDMA.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fwww.htc.com%2Fus%2Fsupport%2F&token=HsGU9Pdn

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire