Switching from Android to Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Either does mine so I don't know what that webOS pundit's problem is.

It is not 15 seconds for me. More like 5 seconds. I counted numerous times. I slide it open and before I can even get into IE and then the address bar it shuts back. When in the dark it blows! Have to hit some button just to wake the light up then I have to backspace whatever button I hit. Like I said I highly doubt my Arrive is one of a kind software wise because I highly doubt this is a hardware glitch...

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It is not 15 seconds for me. More like 5 seconds. I counted numerous times. I slide it open and before I can even get into IE and then the address bar it shuts back. When in the dark it blows! Have to hit some button just to wake the light up then I have to backspace whatever button I hit. Like I said I highly doubt my Arrive is one of a kind software wise because I highly doubt this is a hardware glitch...

I see what you're saying now. It looks like this is intentionally designed like this. It dims slowly to black. I never found it a problem really as I just know where the keys are. Considering that Windows Phone probably wasn't designed for sliding keyboard schemes in the first place I think this is an OS deal and they'll need to implement a way to change the backlight timeout time.

... but seriously though, all they need to do is give XDA the keys to the kingdom in customizing and we'd have these issues situated. It's not like letting the user command and customize the OS will be any detrimental than it is now.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

well the keyboard on my tp2 also does the same thing, goes dim then lights up again once pressing a key or clicking inside a text box. Do u want it to stay lit the whole time and run the battery?
ur hissy fits are really funny and annoying at the same time.
-typed from slide out keyboard-

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
just hit the space key... its not going to mess anything up and it will light back up

+1 yea either that or click inside or in and out of a text box. Or perhaps just use the onscreen one its very efficient and I've made almost evey post thus far on this site with it. And most of all stop complaining like a little baby.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Dude if you read I said when Win Phone 7 was released it did not have copy and paste. Not talking about when the arrive was released. Number 2 I said there is no address bar in IE when in landscape mode. When you slide the keyboard out then the address bar magically appears but maybe I don't want to slide it out and it just makes it a pain. 3rd the point of LED notifications is so you don't have to turn on your phone to see what has happened! With webOS I could look at my Pre and know I have a new email just by my light double blinking or a text by a slow long pulse. Android is pretty basic with just a flashing light for pretty much anything missed but atleast they flash for missed texts. I got spoiled by webOS as many others here have as well.

Dude, you're in the ARRIVE forum and own an Arrive, why are you *****ing about copy and paste? And that's fantastic that you have a light to tell you if you have a new text or email, but what about the time? Or a VM? Or missed call? Or your next appt? Can you tell WHICH email account has a new message? Well, you can on WP7 by pressing the power button once. It's a different way of doing things. Some like it, some don't.

On that note, I have a suggestion for you based on your multiple posts (and I'm not trying to be a jerk): return this phone. You obviously don't like many many things about it and life is too short to be so unhappy about a phone. Get an Android device or another Palm device or whatever, but this device clearly is not for you.

-R

Venom98

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had issues logging into there Windows Live acct from the phone? Says password incorrect. Yet Zune and Xbox live all working and communicating. I've verified my password is indeed correct and have yet to resolve this issue.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had issues logging into there Windows Live acct from the phone? Says password incorrect. Yet Zune and Xbox live all working and communicating. I've verified my password is indeed correct and have yet to resolve this issue.

Not for me, everything is running fine. Check if you account is locking out the device for some reason. I know that on Google accounts and devices your account will lockout if there's strange activity (like when I had my Pre and would jump into different networks, it would kick me off my account and I would need to unlock it and sign back in using Google Captcha)

I don't know if Microsoft does something similar, but it might be it. Either that, or change the password on you account and see if that solves it.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I see what you're saying now. It looks like this is intentionally designed like this. It dims slowly to black. I never found it a problem really as I just know where the keys are. Considering that Windows Phone probably wasn't designed for sliding keyboard schemes in the first place I think this is an OS deal and they'll need to implement a way to change the backlight timeout time.

... but seriously though, all they need to do is give XDA the keys to the kingdom in customizing and we'd have these issues situated. It's not like letting the user command and customize the OS will be any detrimental than it is now.

Ya I agree they will be fixed soon enough. Everyone acts like I am implying like these things will never be fixed when I am not saying that at all! I just get frustrated easily by things that don't make any sense...

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you're in the ARRIVE forum and own an Arrive, why are you *****ing about copy and paste? And that's fantastic that you have a light to tell you if you have a new text or email, but what about the time? Or a VM? Or missed call? Or your next appt? Can you tell WHICH email account has a new message? Well, you can on WP7 by pressing the power button once. It's a different way of doing things. Some like it, some don't.

On that note, I have a suggestion for you based on your multiple posts (and I'm not trying to be a jerk): return this phone. You obviously don't like many many things about it and life is too short to be so unhappy about a phone. Get an Android device or another Palm device or whatever, but this device clearly is not for you.

-R

Actually ya webOS pretty much shows all those missed notifications you stated up there just by pressing the power button. I probably will return the device also. The Nexus S is looking pretty nice and should release soon. It doesn't have a LED notification light but it does have a app for it called NO LED and it shows missed texts,emails,calls,voicemails ect... Just wont be quite as pretty notification wise as webOS but I will live. I just wanted to give this WP7 a chance but after a week I dunno there is just too many little things bugging me. If you read my other posts I praise this OS on a lot of things but IMO the negatives are over towering the positives for me.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
@Thrasher - this is not an attack on you, but reading your post was definitely misleading. why mention no c&p when wp7 was first released if we're talking about a device that comes with it? At first, I was thinking the device (arrive) didn't have it when you first got it, but was being advertised to have it.

you then stated:

no address bar in IE when in landscape???

this is also misleading and should have at least included that the keyboard needed to be out for it to show.

and I was totally lost on this part of your statement:

ability for the home screen to turn when in landscape mode with a slideout keyboard

i was wondering what you meant by this.

i am curious as my sister will probably be upgrading her phone (she currently has a Pre) soon and since i already have the focus, we'll probably share my zune account, so her getting a wp7 would make perfect sense.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually ya webOS pretty much shows all those missed notifications you stated up there just by pressing the power button. I probably will return the device also. The Nexus S is looking pretty nice and should release soon. It doesn't have a LED notification light but it does have a app for it called NO LED and it shows missed texts,emails,calls,voicemails ect... Just wont be quite as pretty notification wise as webOS but I will live. I just wanted to give this WP7 a chance but after a week I dunno there is just too many little things bugging me. If you read my other posts I praise this OS on a lot of things but IMO the negatives are over towering the positives for me.
i too have the pre and at times wonder if all those led notifications is what has been killing my battery. that may be why the led notifications is limited in wp7. i've been dealing with no led notifications on my iPhone devices for the longest, so it doesn't bother me not having any at all on my focus.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
@Thrasher - this is not an attack on you, but reading your post was definitely misleading. why mention no c&p when wp7 was first released if we're talking about a device that comes with it? At first, I was thinking the device (arrive) didn't have it when you first got it, but was being advertised to have it.

you then stated:

this is also misleading and should have at least included that the keyboard needed to be out for it to show.

and I was totally lost on this part of your statement:

i was wondering what you meant by this.

i am curious as my sister will probably be upgrading her phone (she currently has a Pre) soon and since i already have the focus, we'll probably share my zune account, so her getting a wp7 would make perfect sense.

I included on another post on these forums what I meant about the IE bar not showing up. I'm sorry I didn't clarify again. Also what I meant by the last part is when you slide out the keyboard the WP7 home screen does not turn wit the device so you look at the icons sideways. Every Android device I have seen with a slide out keyboard turns the android home screen so I don't know why it was rocket science here with this device and the LG Quantam.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I included on another post on these forums what I meant about the IE bar not showing up. I'm sorry I didn't clarify again. Also what I meant by the last part is when you slide out the keyboard the WP7 home screen does not turn wit the device so you look at the icons sideways. Every Android device I have seen with a slide out keyboard turns the android home screen so I don't know why it was rocket science here with this device and the LG Quantam.
okay... gotcha. i understand now. haven't used a slide out keyboard since the htc tilt. i'll ask my nephew if his Quantum does.

so if the keyboard isn't out and you turn it sideways, does it go into landscape? my homescreen doesn't go into landscape at all... is this only for devices with slide-out keyboards or part of the No-Do update?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude,
I have to agrree Thrasherx2k1 is not a windows phone person and shoud return the phone if he even has one, he might just be one of thoes adnroid fanboys trying to rain on the windows phone party..

Look nothing in life is perfect and if we all dwell on all the bad things how do we ever move foward..

-R

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

what do you mean by trying to log on to windows live ? your email ? when you first setup your phone you should never be asked that question again . so I'm not sure what your problem is ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05