Brand new arrive? Share tips/tricks/apps/games ect

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So most of us just got an arrive. I thought it would be nice to share some of the "hidden gems" we find, or just a review of an app, game or accy. I'll start:

If you go to pictures, open it. Find a spot that has no words and touch/hold. A menu will pop up. Click "change background". You can then make that live tile and application a panoramic pic o0f your choice.

I'm looking for a good tower game if you all know of one.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A pretty slick app, the slickest I have for this category, is called "Ripped"

I workout often and I on the Pre I paid for iStayFit, its okay and it does everything I need, but $5 is a bit much. Then when I had the Evo for a short time I used jeFit and that was really niced, I was impressed, also $5 (but I pirated it, cause its android :p )

But Ripped not only surpasses all that, it's FREE. I haven't used it much but its great so far, especially with the quality it has.

And as a tip? You can pin Artists to your home screen. It uses two tiles and loads a pic from the Zune Software. It's a slick and cool way to instantly play music from your favorite artists!

RellD05

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
thanks to both of you all for those tips, just got my arrive today and cant put it down!

I work out alot and never considered using an app to help out, I also have been trying to figure out that picture background for the longest! lol

Ive been a Panoramic MoTweets fan since Windows Phone 6.5, and I must say, im loving this twitter app way more than the default one. Most interesting part is that when you go to a specific user's profile, it actually grabs the background from their Twitter profile, not to mention its the most powerful Twitter app ive come across

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it uses gorilla glass. And this phone is so new that there isn't any sprint brand versions. I considered getting the Evo Shifts screen protector but I realized the the shift has a slightly smaller screen (by like a millimeter). It's kinda strange though when you put them next to eachother because they are so much alike in form factor.

As for gorilla glass, I think the only Windows Phone with it is the Dell Venue Pro. It's pretty impressive, when I was at the Microsoft store, the rep showed me his personal Venue Pro and was banging it against everything and causeing a raucus. It made the people in to store queasy and thought he was insane. Then he showed everyone that it basically didn't do anything and it still looked brand new.

I wish the Arrive has gorilla glass, but the glued down screen and touch sensor makes it looks better than phones with thick glass.

RellD05

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have case and screen protector recomendations? Also, does this phone have gorilla glass?

yea im looking for a case too, but with the phone not being out for more than a week I guess there arent rly any 3rd party cases yet.

I found a bunch of screen protectors on EBay though, gonna order one today I also found the 2 Sprint branded cases for a little cheaper on ebay

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I really am liking this Nu-Shield screen protector I put on my Arrive. Its a little quirky in that you have to custom fit it yourself since the manufacturer sends you one generic sized piece which you cut to size. But its the most glass like protector I've ever seen and doesn't leave you with that cheap plasticky feel.

Last edited:

mock19

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My favorite app right now is "Pro Sports Scores." It is a nice lil app that shows scores for NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB. But here's the kicker...you can select a game to be displayed on a live tile. I have the Red Wings vs Black Hawks selected....it displays both team's jerseys on the tile and updates the score where a player's number would be! It also shows the time of the period and intermission. I've show my buddies and their jaws drop. You can set it to update anywhere from 10sec to 1 minute.

**If you have issues with the live tile refreshing on the first use or when you select another game. Just open the little black menu at bottom right corner and select "refresh live tile channel" and will fix instantly.

App is awesome if your working during a game and adds a little flavor to your live tiles.

frylock

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Zagg (makers of invisible shield) and they said they didn't have a timeline for this phone yet. I wish they would hurry up and add one!

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Zagg (makers of invisible shield) and they said they didn't have a timeline for this phone yet. I wish they would hurry up and add one!

Zagg is indeed crap as like Eric said if you mess up once you are pretty much screwed. Skinomi on the other hand is a great company and has lifetime replacements as well. They use a different adhesive and it peels up nicely if you were to make a mistake. Here is a link to the screen only protector for the Arrive. They have a whole body shield as well but I wouldn't buy it and cover up the nice finish of the Arrive.

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for HTC Arrive + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Cell Phones & Accessories

frylock

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
To each their own. I've had Zagg on several phones and never had an issue. Just need to be careful with the initial installation.

I ordered a TP2 front cover, since it is very close in size.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To each their own. I've had Zagg on several phones and never had an issue. Just need to be careful with the initial installation.

I ordered a TP2 front cover, since it is very close in size.

Zaggs film also turn yellow over a period of time. You should of saved yourself the $ and gone with the Skinomi that fits the Arrive screen exact for $9.99 vs $14.99 standard price for a Zagg front cover.

frylock

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Zaggs film also turn yellow over a period of time. You should of saved yourself the $ and gone with the Skinomi that fits the Arrive screen exact for $9.99 vs $14.99 standard price for a Zagg front cover.

I've had a Zagg screens on phones from 1-4 years, and NONE have turned yellow.

I am curious how the Skinomi back cover works. Is it in 3 pieces? Since you need to remove the center section to remove the battery...

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Zagg screens on phones from 1-4 years, and NONE have turned yellow.

I am curious how the Skinomi back cover works. Is it in 3 pieces? Since you need to remove the center section to remove the battery...

May not have happened to you but I know a few people who had theirs turn a yellow tint after being on a ipod classic for only a year. Go google it... I couldn't tell you how many pieces the full body shield needs. Just shoot them a email. They are usually quick to respond.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here's a tip that was new to me.

If you need to move the cursor to an exact spot and every time you touch the screen the cursor wants to highlight the entire word for copy & paste hold your finger to the screen for 2 seconds and you will now have more precise control over cursor placement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss