Brand new arrive? Share tips/tricks/apps/games ect

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just learned a cool trick:
when scrolling a very long list of people, you can tap on a letter (like the 'C' above every one of your contacts that starts with 'C') and it brings up an alphabet which lets you jump to letter.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I just learned a cool trick:
when scrolling a very long list of people, you can tap on a letter (like the 'C' above every one of your contacts that starts with 'C') and it brings up an alphabet which lets you jump to letter.

Same goes for the Zune application when browsing music...

frylock

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that seems to appear in a number of places. Nicely done. Especially since it doesn't highlight letters that have no contact/artist/etc...

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've dabled with a few browsers, but I always end up just using the stock IE. All the 3rd parties are based on IE anyways. I will use some of the 3rd party browsers for Private mode ;)

As for forwarding email, select the respond button and you'll have the option to forward or reply. Kinda wish they made this seperate, but it works.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the one with the wood paneling on the back. Actually, it doesn't look bad. BUT... its kinda plasticky. It's gets fingerprints all over the back. I wish it was more rubberized/matte. The phone tends to slid around when placed on a surface. Also, the backside is starting to get scratched up. I think I'm going to look for one more rubberized and/or matte.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've dabled with a few browsers, but I always end up just using the stock IE. All the 3rd parties are based on IE anyways. I will use some of the 3rd party browsers for Private mode ;)

As for forwarding email, select the respond button and you'll have the option to forward or reply. Kinda wish they made this seperate, but it works.

wow... how did i not think of that. I feel like a dumb-butt

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the one with the wood paneling on the back. Actually, it doesn't look bad. BUT... its kinda plasticky. It's gets fingerprints all over the back. I wish it was more rubberized/matte. The phone tends to slid around when placed on a surface. Also, the backside is starting to get scratched up. I think I'm going to look for one more rubberized and/or matte.

Apparently Body Glove is releasing a new one on April 27...or so their website claims. I hope its different from the 2 they already have available through Sprint.

HTC Arrive Glove Case - Body Glove Mobile Accessories

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried the Body Glove case and wasn't overly impressed. Added a fair amount of thickness, plus as is said above is very plasticky and shows fingerprints. Just remember the phone is called the HTC 7 Pro in Europe so if you search the net for accessories maybe using that name will bring up more results?

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Posting this after it was voiced in the "A running list of needed WP7 fixes" section under Winpho7 talk re: Alarm.

If you leave the phone on and hit the rocker (volume) button the Alarm icon drops down at the top of the screen. Tap it and it will go silent. Make sure you then use the rocker to adjust the volume to your desired level. If you have an alarm set, it will ring at the appointed time (not a moment before), and you will not be disturbed by any other alerts. enjoy!

Last edited:

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

To continue the trend of App discover, I am now fully addicted to this Tetris Clone, Cubed. At first glance it seems like it'll be just another tetris clone, but it is EXTREMELY polished and has good music and controls. I'd say it's better than the Tetris from EA. Hope you guys enjoy it too!

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
To continue the trend of App discover, I am now fully addicted to this Tetris Clone, Cubed. At first glance it seems like it'll be just another tetris clone, but it is EXTREMELY polished and has good music and controls. I'd say it's better than the Tetris from EA. Hope you guys enjoy it too!
Yikes, I knew I wouldn't like Tetris with touch screen controls. :p I'm used to playing Tetris with a controller and playing it fast. I wonder if developers would be able to take advantage of the Arrive's (and Quantum's for that matter) keyboard for controls on games. Not make them a requirement, but give us users a little extra for picking the heavier phones. This wouldn't be that useful for Tetris since the screen would be short in landscape, but for games like side-scrollers or something maybe.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I don't usually double post and this should apply for all Windows Phones, but, when watching videos on Zune, tapping the >>| button jumps ahead 30 seconds and the |<< button skips back 7 seconds, which is the same as my DVR (U-Verse).

jnjbflo99

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just finding the forum. As far as cases go, I'm quite fond of the Body Glove case. They were charging around $30 at the Sprint store, but I got it for $5 on Amazon.

danisnotstan

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If you go to pictures, open it. Find a spot that has no words and touch/hold. A menu will pop up. Click "change background". You can then make that live tile and application a panoramic pic o0f your choice.

I'm new to WP7 after years with Palm OS, Windows Mobile, WebOS, Android, BB, etc (basically everything but WP7 and iOS) and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb