04-26-2011 01:03 PM
79 1234
tools
    Lets keep this thread on topic please

Thanks,
    Dave
    03-29-2011 09:45 PM
    Had the Evo for ten months and loved it. Just switched to the Arrive and am enjoying it much more than the Evo. Zune is incredible, everything is so fast and beautiful, Netflix works great, love the hardware keyboard. Telenav isn't as good as Google Navigation but is a decent alternative. Flory works sometimes - hopefully a working GTalk app will be released sometime soon.

There are some complaints, though: I've read reviews talking about the great and powerful vibration on this phone. I'm finding it insufficient, certainly much less noticable than the vibration on my Evo. I'm also finding that outlook mail takes about a minute longer to be pushed to my inbox than it did for my Evo.
    03-29-2011 09:45 PM
    I got the arrive on saturday, but I took it back today to go back to my overclocked pre.

Yes, I loved the speed, the hardware, zune, netflix, kindle, hell I pretty much loved WP7... BUT, it can't compete with webOS at this point. I'm going to get an unlocked GSM Pre2 and radioswap it to get it working on sprint. webOS on a true 1GHz processor is faster than WP7 on the same 1GHz processor. In comparing the Pre2 to the Arrive, the Pre2 wins IMO. The only advantage the Arrive has over the Pre2 is a bigger marketplace. The only thing I wish the Pre marketplace had would be kindle and netflix apps. I'm sure they will come at some point.

webOS > WP7 > iOS > Android (IMHO)
    DontHate707 and Thrasherx2k1 like this.
    03-29-2011 10:21 PM
    Who wants to take bets that Mongr, DontHate and Thrasher are all the same person?
    eric12341 and Reeves like this.
    03-30-2011 12:13 AM
    [QUOTE=Matts4313;1541775]Who wants to take bets that Mongr, DontHate and Thrasher are all the same person?[/QUOTEN

Nice try but your wrong. Ask a admin to check for themselves... Is it really that hard to believe that webOS is amazing? I go to Engadget and see all these Android fan boys who even say they are rooting for webOS because of its superior multitasking and notifications.
    m0ngr31 likes this.
    03-30-2011 12:38 AM
    Who wants to take bets that Mongr, DontHate and Thrasher are all the same person?
    Who wants to take bets that you can't even spell my name right?
    Thrasherx2k1 likes this.
    03-30-2011 12:44 AM
    I got the arrive on saturday, but I took it back today to go back to my overclocked pre.

Yes, I loved the speed, the hardware, zune, netflix, kindle, hell I pretty much loved WP7... BUT, it can't compete with webOS at this point. I'm going to get an unlocked GSM Pre2 and radioswap it to get it working on sprint. webOS on a true 1GHz processor is faster than WP7 on the same 1GHz processor. In comparing the Pre2 to the Arrive, the Pre2 wins IMO. The only advantage the Arrive has over the Pre2 is a bigger marketplace. The only thing I wish the Pre marketplace had would be kindle and netflix apps. I'm sure they will come at some point.

webOS > WP7 > iOS > Android (IMHO)
    wp7 has more app growth than any other OS did at this point
    so in no time it will pass webPOS if it already hasn't and its slated to pass BlackBerry towards the end of the year.while u may think that webPOS is more superior to wp7 is it really worth mentioning this on wpcentral whom are which still celebrating and loving the first CDMA WP7 device?
    03-30-2011 02:25 AM
    wp7 has more app growth than any other OS did at this point
    so in no time it will pass webPOS if it already hasn't and its slated to pass BlackBerry towards the end of the year.while u may think that webPOS is more superior to wp7 is it really worth mentioning this on wpcentral whom are which still celebrating and loving the first CDMA WP7 device?
    Look at the name of the thread and I think you will have answered your last sentence... This particular person is saying it is not worth it... Me,Donthate, and m0ngr are not the same people either. Get over it...
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 03-30-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    03-30-2011 02:41 AM
    or so u think. The mods told u to stop and gave u an infraction and u are still at it with ur nonsense. Sounds like trolling to me.
    And you weren't warned? I don't think you're in a place to take the high ground here. Button it.

I sure hope you're not a gambler, if so then you should seriously stop taking bets on anything.

I will repeat what Dave said; stay on topic and quit the arguments.
    03-30-2011 05:04 AM
    DontHate,
    I think you'll like it. I got my Arrive last Saturday and came from the Sprint Pre Minus. I do miss the cards a bit and using the sms message tone per contact (preware).

With that being said, I think the Zune and XBox integration out weighs this for me. I am very satisfied with it.
    03-30-2011 08:10 AM
    eric12341 or anyone else who does it--

I cannot take you seriously at all when you say "webPOS" and I am sure I'm not alone. Why not "gaydroid" or "CRAPple"? You're making yourself look like an immature fool. It brings back memories of 10 years ago, reading slashdot, and seeing all the immature linux kids saying "micro$ucks". It's lame, it says to me that you're a stubborn and stupid child; which you probably are not, I'm sure you're a great guy when not hiding behind an anonymous screen-name. Either way, anything you say is painted in that tone when you use such childish jokes.

Please stop saying "webPOS". I want to take your seriously and respect you, but I cannot if this continues. We can take this debate to somewhere the mods allow, but only if you stop with the nonsense. I understand that you have a dire burning uncontrollable disgust towards webOS. It has been noted. You can stop with the immaturity now.
    03-30-2011 09:34 AM
    Even if webOS is better than WP7 in certain asepects, it still begs the question as to how long it will take for Sprint to even get one of the new devices which by that time WP7 may already have Multitasking and even more apps and possibly even better hardware.
    03-30-2011 11:38 AM
    Even if webOS is better than WP7 in certain asepects, it still begs the question as to how long it will take for Sprint to even get one of the new devices which by that time WP7 may already have Multitasking and even more apps and possibly even better hardware.
    WebOS is a great OS, no doubt, but even at 2.x, it's still in a beta state. Read the comments from Pre 2 owners over at PreCentral. It randomly goes unresponsive to touch or type input, has memory leaks, has glitches in various native apps. The app situation is still paltry and there's no sign of that improving in the near future. All of the existing hardware has tiny screens and there's no telling when new hardware will be out or on what carrier. Too many variables.

The Arrive is awesome and on Sprint NOW, has a great build quality NOW, has a super fluid UI NOW, has the Zune Pass NOW, has Netflix NOW, has way more polished apps NOW, voice search NOW, and is one of the most impressive handsets I've seen. This OS is also available on every carrier (except Verizon, and that's being corrected in two weeks) from several manufacturers NOW.

When the Mango update arrives with cards and Internet Explorer 9, there may be no catching up for WebOS.
    DontHate707 likes this.
    03-30-2011 12:57 PM
    Sorry, tongue was firmly placed in cheek when I made that comment. Its interesting that the vast majority of us came from webos it appears. Fwiw I really wanted palm to succeed, but it appears that isn't the case. 2 years later and there hasn't been significant progress.
    03-30-2011 01:05 PM
    most of us came from webos becuz we cant or dont want ios and becuz android sucks lol so the next best solution is wp7 and its a great alternative, if i had a choice id want webos and wp7 on top, not android and ios. but palm just isnt doing a fast enough job or a good enough the os it self was never as smooth or responsive as wp7. im leaving as soon as i can.
    03-30-2011 02:00 PM
    eric12341 or anyone else who does it--

I cannot take you seriously at all when you say "webPOS" and I am sure I'm not alone. Why not "gaydroid" or "CRAPple"? You're making yourself look like an immature fool. It brings back memories of 10 years ago, reading slashdot, and seeing all the immature linux kids saying "micro$ucks". It's lame, it says to me that you're a stubborn and stupid child; which you probably are not, I'm sure you're a great guy when not hiding behind an anonymous screen-name. Either way, anything you say is painted in that tone when you use such childish jokes.

Please stop saying "webPOS". I want to take your seriously and respect you, but I cannot if this continues. We can take this debate to somewhere the mods allow, but only if you stop with the nonsense. I understand that you have a dire burning uncontrollable disgust towards webOS. It has been noted. You can stop with the immaturity now.
    As I've said before this is wpcentral and as such I feel that I should be able to bash webPOS,crapple etc as much as I want without being reproached for it. I keep it contained here,the immature thing to do is go into precenteal ,tipb,Androidcentral or comment on article pertaining to those bashing them and this is what I see the Linux(webPOS and Android) and Apple faithful do all the time throughout the web on the competition articles.
    03-30-2011 03:24 PM
    most of us came from webos becuz we cant or dont want ios and becuz android sucks lol so the next best solution is wp7 and its a great alternative, if i had a choice id want webos and wp7 on top, not android and ios. but palm just isnt doing a fast enough job or a good enough the os it self was never as smooth or responsive as wp7. im leaving as soon as i can.
    I agree in my wildest of dreams I'd want webOS and WP7 on top of everything. I hate everything apple basically because of the majority of people who use their products. Like the dorks who sit at starbucks for hours ect. Anyways webOS is not dead yet but this summer is it's last chance imo. If the Pre 3 and Veer fail then even with a heavy marketing push from HP and even with going to all major carriers then there is no chance for it in the phone market. It'll just have to be used on HP desktops I guess and HP will be kicking itself for wasting 1 billion dollars. Its likely the Iphone 5 will not come out this summer either so this is a chance for WP7 and webOS to gain ground...
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 03-30-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    03-30-2011 03:44 PM
    I agree in my wildest of dreams I'd want webOS and WP7 on top of everything. I hate everything apple basically because of the majority of people who use their products. Like the dorks who sit at starbucks for hours ect. Anyways webOS is not dead yet but this summer is it's last chance imo. If the Pre 3 and Veer fail then even with a heavy marketing push from HP and even with going to all major carriers then there is no chance for it in the phone market. It'll just have to be used on HP desktops I guess and HP will be kicking itself for wasting 1 billion dollars. Its likely the Iphone 5 will not come out this summer either so this is a chance for WP7 and webOS to gain ground...
    yea if iphone 5 doesnt come out this summer msoft better start to hurry! they could potentially catch up and change the game we just needs features and marketing and i think we need like a specific phone to go by like the nexus 1 or g1 with google and i think thats why msoft is working closely with samsung to give us that one device the front hold device.
    03-30-2011 05:41 PM
    As I've said before this is wpcentral and as such I feel that I should be able to bash webPOS,crapple etc as much as I want without being reproached for it. I keep it contained here,the immature thing to do is go into precenteal ,tipb,Androidcentral or comment on article pertaining to those bashing them and this is what I see the Linux(webPOS and Android) and Apple faithful do all the time throughout the web on the competition articles.
    You can express your dislike for webOS but seriously, webPOS? what are you, 12 years old? dont be a d-bag. Especially since a large portion of this board came from WEBOS and know that its amazing, we are just on WP7 becuase the hardware sucks.

thats not saying that WP7 isnt amazing in its own right, but at this point, with WebOS 2.0, if i had to choose between an HTC arrive and a palm pre with the exact same form factor, id choose webOS.

However this is not the case and im not regretting my arrive purchase one bit and Im actually thinking of staying on fro the long haul if microsoft does this right. But if at any point HP comes out with a webOS 3.0 4 inch slate, im gone.
    Last edited by strictlystyles; 03-30-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Tyndall likes this.
    03-30-2011 06:14 PM
    i need a new phone! this damn sprint pre minus needs to go! its seriously on its last leg, i was wondering from any current arrive user is it worth the upgrade? i dont want to invest with the last year hardware in fear on something newer coming out, so are u happy with your choice? and do u think i should make the move? or should i wait?
    I purchased the Arrive for my husband last week. It's a pretty good phone, but a few things that are irritating: universal search - zero! If you don't have a palm you won't likely miss it. Flipping the phone sideways to open the slider (takes a lot of getting used to) & it's not very smooth. Very small letters for text (& pretty much everything). Quality pictures is a difficult task (sometimes feels impossible) indoors. Soooo much miss the Touchstone. It takes multiple steps do do what used to be a maximum of 2.
    The good: pretty durable phone, looks nice & it turns on much faster. It sync's nicely (from what I've been able to tell so far). The keys on the slider are nice & big (hubby is going blind). I'm sure there are more great qualities, but we're still in "play & learn" mode.
    I will be waiting - I'm just not impressed enough with my husbands (he wasn't able to wait - fast death of his uninsured phone). Mine was still insured so I got a new "old" one to hold me off for another option.
    03-30-2011 07:27 PM
    What is so good about this universal search that u webPOS diehards can't live without?
    03-30-2011 08:43 PM
    you can just start typing and it will pull anything on your phone or direct you to wiki/google/whatever. its pretty sweet, but not something that is to die for imo. The thing about webos is the simplicity of doing things. its a really nice os, but the hard ware sucked and the hackers made it much better
    03-30-2011 08:59 PM
    you can just start typing and it will pull anything on your phone or direct you to wiki/google/whatever. its pretty sweet, but not something that is to die for imo. The thing about webos is the simplicity of doing things. its a really nice os, but the hard ware sucked and the hackers made it much better
    To be honest I never use it that much except for typing in a web address. Otherwise everything else is pretty easy and quick to get to.
    03-30-2011 09:14 PM
    and wp7 doesn't have anything similar? U can press and hold the start button and say something and it'll do it or search for it.
    03-30-2011 09:40 PM
    and wp7 doesn't have anything similar? U can press and hold the start button and say something and it'll do it or search for it.
    That misses the entire point of Universal Search. Universal search means that you never have to manually hunt down any particular app, contact or even the browser ever again.

How does that work? By the power of your keyboard. As soon as you start typing your phone is turning up search results locally/internally and with the push of the enter button will search Google if you want to search externally to the phone.

Here's a screen shot of what my phone found when I typed the letters "P" "A".

Of course the more you type, the more narrow the search results. It's pure genius and now all the OS's are using webOS as inspiration.

WP7 needs Universal Search badly given its reliance on the MetroUI.
    Last edited by WPDiddy; 03-30-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    03-30-2011 10:02 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD