zune battery life on Arrive

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am a current android user ready to upgrade on sprint. I'm considering the upcoming Nexus S and the Arrive. I own a zune HD and love it, but would like carrying one less device with me.

Has anybody seen (or done) any tests on how long the phone lasts using the zune player? Or, do any of you have any anecdotes of the battery life with zune use? I'm a fairly heavy zune user- probably ~2-4 hr of zune listening per day. This advantage of the phone may be moot to me if the zune player is too much of a battery drain and I'd have to cary my zune hd anyway.

thanks for helping a guy on the fence!

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Let me push you over the fence.

I have a Zune HD as well, and I still keep both just because I have the 32gb. But as far as battery life goes, it's AMAZING. I have went a couple days already with headphones in and listening to full blown albums and such without a big hinderence on battery life. You will be very happy with it, I promise, cause it astounded me when I was using the zune player constantly and the battery wasn't going down by much.

The battery life on the Arrive is just good overall in general. TONS better than when I had an Evo.

And besides, since Sprint and most other stores carry a 30 day garuntee, you can try out the Arrive and see for yourself. That's what I did for when I had the Evo. I had it for about 28 days, and then I returned it cause I just plain don't like android.

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! You may have me convinced. I still need to get my hands on one to see how it is. My only wait is for the sprint google voice integration so I can continue to use my GV as my primary number on the phone.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm definitely noticing much better battery life on the Arrive than what I experienced with the Evo. Yesterday, I was at a funeral in West Virginia and my phone kept transferring to roaming back to Sprint back to roaming, etc, and the battery STILL lasted all day. During normal use around my home/work, I've never really approached draining the entire battery.

This is also my first experience with the Zune ecosystem and I'm pretty impressed. I love the Zune hub on the Arrive. I love this phone.

Let me push you over the fence.

I have a Zune HD as well, and I still keep both just because I have the 32gb. But as far as battery life goes, it's AMAZING. I have went a couple days already with headphones in and listening to full blown albums and such without a big hinderence on battery life. You will be very happy with it, I promise, cause it astounded me when I was using the zune player constantly and the battery wasn't going down by much.

The battery life on the Arrive is just good overall in general. TONS better than when I had an Evo.

And besides, since Sprint and most other stores carry a 30 day garuntee, you can try out the Arrive and see for yourself. That's what I did for when I had the Evo. I had it for about 28 days, and then I returned it cause I just plain don't like android.

DirtyDogg#WP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I listen to my arrive for long periods of time throughout the day, via stereo Bluetooth. Usually streaming a radio show for 2 hours in the morning, and then switching over to locally saved mp3s for a couple more hours. Mix that in with a couple emails, checking a couple of blogs and a game or two of Fruit Ninja. Sometimes I even make a call. . . Battery still holds strong. I have yet to need a mid-day charge, and that is something I am loving with this phone.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive is going all day on a single charge. My Pre, I had to keep a touchstone on my desk @ work. I was charging it by noon and before leaving.

Matter of fact, my Arrive is going all day, then I use the ZUNE and WHS Server app to stream music into my sound system while I play drums.... for about 2 hours in the evening. Battery is close to being fully dscharged by then... and this is 10-12 hours.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Using zune on the arrive doesn't really drain any battery at all. Being internal memory based there is no microSD card to read from and it has been known that microSD cards do require alot of energy to be read from almost as much as the older Bluetooth technology . Plus u can stream music from the Zune marketplace if u have a Zune pass. With the standalone Zune u could only do that on wifi but on the arrive u can do it anywhere u have 3G coverage or even 1x but I haven't tried it over 1x yet.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Eric, do you own an Arrive? The reason I ask is because, as you can see here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=996015

The Arrive uses a microSD card for internal memory, as do many WP7 devices.

Using zune on the arrive doesn't really drain any battery at all. Being internal memory based there is no microSD card to read from and it has been known that microSD cards do require alot of energy to be read from almost as much as the older Bluetooth technology . Plus u can stream music from the Zune marketplace if u have a Zune pass. With the standalone Zune u could only do that on wifi but on the arrive u can do it anywhere u have 3G coverage or even 1x but I haven't tried it over 1x yet.

Last edited:

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to follow up here. I've now been a happy arrive owner for 5 days. I have been a heavy Zune user listening to around 5 or 6 hrs per day. The battery life has been holding up enough to get through the day easily, 16 hr or so.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to follow up here. I've now been a happy arrive owner for 5 days. I have been a heavy Zune user listening to around 5 or 6 hrs per day. The battery life has been holding up enough to get through the day easily, 16 hr or so.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Glad to hear it! This is one of the best WP7 phones available but it definitely gets overlooked in Sprint's ever growing, virus like line-up of Android crap-ware. If it were only 4.3" it would be close to perfect.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Zune kicks but and the Arrive runs great I like you listen to 4 to 6 hours of music a day I am surprised by the battery life under heavy use. Now if we could only get Sprint to talk a little about this phone I am sure a lot more would get sold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett