Alarm issue! Help!

thomasanderson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with the built in alarm, where when you set the alarm and choose which tone you would like the volume sounds fine? Yet when the actual alarm goes off, the volume is reduced by like 60%? I make sure I have the sound turned all the way up, yet everytime the alarm goes off, its too quiet. But again when i go into the alarm app and sample the tone, the alarm is as loud as it should be. Is my phone defective?

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell that's the way it's supposed to be. The first time through the alarm it's at about 50-60% of your volume and then each time the alarm repeats (until you hit dismiss or snooze) it gets a little bit louder. Double check though just to make sure.

Edit: I just checked it on my arrive and to be honest I can't tell if it's increasing in volume or not. It's definitely not the volume you hear during the preview.

Last edited:

Eject_Porkins

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to tell since I'm half asleep when the alarm goes off, but I agree with jetface. The sound seems quiet at first and then increases as the duration gets longer.

thomasanderson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that my Arrive wasnt the only one experiencing this issue. Pretty weird bug I think. It doesnt seem to get any louder to me Jetface, but it would be cool if it worked that way.

Thrasherx2k1

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for the feedback. I just wanted to make sure that my Arrive wasnt the only one experiencing this issue. Pretty weird bug I think. It doesnt seem to get any louder to me Jetface, but it would be cool if it worked that way.

If they would just learn to make separate volume controls on the OS all would be good...

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
I was upset with the alarm volume until it occurred to me that the sound was coming out the back. I left it on the night stand face down and the problem was solved.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea give it a chance, it gets louder the longer it's running. I think it's kind of a near and interesting feature. Apparently I'm a light sleeper because I notice I wake up when it's super quiet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss