Very poor battery life

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
A Start

Is there an app for measuring the battery characteristics? Such as true capacity, discharge rate, health, etc?

The app "WP Bench" offers diagnostics for CPU, GPU, and Data performance, display quality, and battery drain time. It does not compair one's device with others though.

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I had been getting through the day with about 20% batery life left at the end (guessing obviously)
The building, in which I work, is on the edge of Sprint coverage.
I noticed that the phone defaulted to no roamin.
Once I turned roaming on (letting me piggyback on Verizon when needed) I suddenly can go a full day and not even use half.

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm completely new to the wp platform and so far I'm loving it. I just wanted to know if it's normal to pull my phone off a charge and within 20 minutes the battery indicator already dropped a notch to I'm guessing 90%. I have no live tiles, everything is manual refresh. Any suggestions?

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother watching the battery. Just use your phone. You should be able to get through a full day without glancing at the battery.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't bother watching the battery. Just use your phone. You should be able to get through a full day without glancing at the battery.
Nice thought. But your phone can't do much with a dead battery. Some people, like me, use their phone a whole bunch, and need to get to a charger 6-8 hours after starting my day. Understanding how much juice I have remaining helps me to plan my activities. Always want enough power to show someone what my WP can do.

With that said, I have a sideloaded battery percentage indicator, and can verify that the battery icon does not provide that clear a representation of battery life. Usually between 97-100% when I come off charge, although the indicator will show somewhere between 90-100%

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Touche. My point was that the battery bar isn't super accurate, as you pointed out. So he should just see how it works for him throughout the day, because it may end up being that he goes through each day, never running out of battery life. I know that is the case for me, but I understand for people who use their phone even more than me, that this may not be the case.

donnydonny#WP

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is excellent for me, granted I've only had my Arrive for a week. I've gone a full day of light-to-moderate use without charging, something I could only dream of with my Pre. I'm very impressed and happy with the battery usage of the Arrive/WP7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa