08-19-2011 11:31 AM
53 123
tools
    Is it worth the time and trouble to swap? Someone give me a hard answer, don't pull punches here.
    07-06-2011 11:28 PM
    its not hard once it starts, and you have everything to go back to if you dont like it. I honestly would say no because you cant use multitasking any. But the internet is a huge upgrade along with fb chat. It took me a long time to get fb chat to work. Also the screen looks a lot better for some reason.
    07-07-2011 05:28 PM
    Its worth it. Make the jump, what u waiting for. #BrickedPhone

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    07-07-2011 07:42 PM
    Is it worth the time and trouble to swap? Someone give me a hard answer, don't pull punches here.
    Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence?

(The answer is yes!)
    07-07-2011 07:51 PM
    Looks like I'm going to have to try it then.
    07-08-2011 02:14 PM
    I think this was mentioned before but I'm not sure and can't search because I'm not on my computer. But an issue in having is that I can't receive any mms...no matter if it's just a pic, sound or video...it doesn't come through.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    07-08-2011 03:17 PM
    i got it to work, hardest part was the very beginning, only issue is I cant get fb chat to work..
    I had this problem as well but found somewhere that if you log into www.live.com with your main live account you use for your phone. Then link your fb with Live (should be a fb icon on the main page by "Messenger Social"), then go on your phone and go to Settings>email+accounts and hold on your main account and select Sync and do the same for your fb account. After that it should start working, or at least that fixed it for me. Good luck :D
    07-08-2011 05:44 PM
    I think this was mentioned before but I'm not sure and can't search because I'm not on my computer. But an issue in having is that I can't receive any mms...no matter if it's just a pic, sound or video...it doesn't come through.
    Haven't had this issue personally.
    07-08-2011 05:49 PM
    anyone try visual voicemail on the arrive ?
    I have it on the dell venue pro bout I don't see the switch for it on the arrive
    07-09-2011 05:00 PM
    It's not available on the Arrive at this time. I think T-Mobile phones were the only ones to get it so far.
    07-10-2011 01:39 AM
    It's not available on the Arrive at this time. I think T-Mobile phones were the only ones to get it so far.
    Thanks Tiny,
    I really wanted to see it on Sprint, I wounder if its a carrier issue, do androids have visual voicemail on sprint ?
    07-10-2011 08:36 PM
    Thanks Tiny,
    I really wanted to see it on Sprint, I wounder if its a carrier issue, do androids have visual voicemail on sprint ?
    I want to see this too on Sprint. I've been curious myself about whether this is a carrier issue or not. I'm a tech at Sprint and posted the question, but I have had no responses. Also, to answer your question, yes, androids on sprint have visual voicemail.

I recently did the unofficial mango update and had issues at first. My live tiles weren't working and I couldn't download from the marketplace. But after a hard reset it seems to be working fine now, just the occasional marketplace hiccup. I got my custom ringtones on my phone and will add more as I make them, but I was wondering if anyone knows about adding custom alerts for things like text, IM, email and calendar. I understand if we can't yet, but hopefully in the official mango release we will. That's one thing i miss from my android phone.
    07-11-2011 05:05 AM
    Any official release date for mango? Really can't wait for the update!

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    07-11-2011 08:47 AM
    Any official release date for mango? Really can't wait for the update!

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    No Dates as of yet but I hope soon
    07-12-2011 12:20 PM
    I ma lso getting same error plz guide wat to do.....As zune is not recognizing my phone.....
    08-06-2011 06:00 AM
    I got Mango installed on my Arrive. However, I can't sync with Zune. I keep getting the message, "can't find media package "Zune WMDU Component it might be incomplete or corrupted"

can someone please help me out here?

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    I ama also getting same MSG wat to do......plz guide me my device could not be recognize by ZUNE
    08-06-2011 06:38 AM
    Well I bit the bullet and I tried the mango update from
    Get the Mango update now. Without being a developer. - Windows Phone Hacker

and basically... yeah, it didn't work. I started freaking out thinking I bricked it. It downloaded the update, but when it restarted it did not turn back on. The zune software was just stuck on saying "Installing Update". After 15min of a blank screen I disconnected the phone and tried to turn it on. I pulled the battery and then when the phone turned back on it went to the "connect to pc" image with the backup signal on it, but the computer wasn't reacting to the phone being connected.

If you are an impatient fool like me and are in the same deal as me, I think you'll be okay. Right now, I am restoring my backup, and considering the time it must be my NoDo backup which is ~16gb. To do this, follow the instructions on the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. BAsically, turn off the phone and then turn it back on while pressing the camera button. Release the power button while still pressing the camera button. This will launch the recovery mode and you zune software should prompt you to restore from your backup.

I'm probably really stupid, but I'm going to try it again when the restore is finished.

Anybody successful at doing this hacked up update? I should have just stopped being lazy and gotten my developer unlock (I have the dreamspark developer account which requires you to finish and submit an app before they allow you to unlock your device).
    Download below Zune for Mango your problem will be solved
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    08-08-2011 03:08 AM
    What about the custom ringtones, how easy to put your own on there? I have mp3 and do that for my wife's android phone and did it on my blackberry, can't wait for custom ringtones.
    08-09-2011 07:05 AM
    As long as you have mp3's (there was one other codec support I think but I don't remember offhand) with no DRM, under a megabyte, 39 seconds or less, and loaded into Zune with the tag of Ringtone, it's super easy. There is no support in Zune right now for making your own ringtone but you can easily make it elsewhere or probably download one someone else has made and load it up.
    08-10-2011 01:17 PM
    What about the custom ringtones, how easy to put your own on there? I have mp3 and do that for my wife's android phone and did it on my blackberry, can't wait for custom ringtones.
    Very easy to do. It must be, as i've done it. :) (as long as you have Mango)

Custom ringtones in Windows Phone Mango [How to] | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    08-10-2011 01:24 PM
    A question about custom ringtones.

Can a separate ringtone be assigned to individual contacts?

I read a guide on how to do it somewhere, but due to his wording, people were asking in the comments if a custom ringtone could only be used for the entire phone, or individually as well.
    (never got an answer :p )
    08-10-2011 01:38 PM
    A question about custom ringtones.

Can a separate ringtone be assigned to individual contacts?

I read a guide on how to do it somewhere, but due to his wording, people were asking in the comments if a custom ringtone could only be used for the entire phone, or individually as well.
    (never got an answer :p )
    Well any contact can have their own ringtone so I guess you just chose your own custom ringtone you want assigned for a specific contact, so yes. :)
    08-10-2011 01:47 PM
    Ah thank you!

I actually haven't gotten my Arrive yet, but I will be updating both my plan and phone later this month, and I've set my eyes on Windows Phone 7, so I didn't yet know that each contact could have their own, but thank you!

My favorite thing about my older phone was that it could do customized ringtones (through a .3pg loophole), and I was sort of bummed to first read that WP7 didn't have custom ringtones.

But having learned about Mango, I'm quite excited to make the transition to smart phone through Windows!
    08-10-2011 02:01 PM
    Great stuff book1245, you're very welcome. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed if you decide to join the WP7 party. :)

I can honestly say it's the best phone OS i've had yet, and i've had loads. :)
    08-10-2011 02:05 PM
    Great stuff book1245, you're very welcome. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed if you decide to join the WP7 party. :)

I can honestly say it's the best phone OS i've had yet, and i've had loads. :)
    My first post as a WP7 user, and as a new user of the HTC Arrive. I was sort of taking a big gamble, coming off of a phone I've loved (EVO 4G). But since the battery life of my EVO dramatically dropped with the last two updates, I decided to give this phone a try. I'm totally loving this OS. And I'm hoping that this Mango update is officially released soon. I've rooted my EVO and done custom ROM's on my Touch Pro2, but I don't think I'm ready for the custom dive on my Arrive.
    08-15-2011 10:31 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD