08-19-2011 11:31 AM
53 123
tools
    I'm kind of worried myself, as this isn't open source and seems more brickable. I do want to take the plunge with Mango today, and just needed to know if you can go back to NoDo to receive official updates once you flash the new Mango leak?
    08-16-2011 08:40 AM
    I'm kind of worried myself, as this isn't open source and seems more brickable. I do want to take the plunge with Mango today, and just needed to know if you can go back to NoDo to receive official updates once you flash the new Mango leak?
    It is the reason that a full backup is done before preceding with the update, so you can restore to NoDo.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    08-16-2011 12:50 PM
    wow....so mango is something kind of amazing....

i don't know what took me so long to update to this. i think it was because Android updates are so MEH and and don't really IMPROVE the user experience....

but this mango update....man...I'm going to try to convert ppl to wp7 now more than ever before.

the main benefits that stick out to me

1. Smoother UI - I am a huge UI geek, and the way they have improved the scrolling, zooming, etc is just phenomenal; it's the entire reason I left Android, and I can definitely say I'm never going back (never was going to before....but this update was like magic lol)

2. Speech to Text - This is probably the NUMBER ONE THING I NEEDED coming from Android. I do a lot of driving, and so it is essential for me to have this. Android did it well, and now that WP7 incorporates is even BETTER than what I was use to with Android, I am again blown away by what Microsoft has done.

3. Bing Barcode Scanning/Visual Search - Again....way better than what I am used to on Android. It does it so much faster and bringing up more intuitive results, while at the same time not having to hold the barcode in a panned area like on Android barcode scanning apps.

I really do want to see WP7 succeed. Even if it doesn't, I don't think Microsoft will pull an HP-webOS kill. Even if it doesn't gain much commercial success, I'm sticking with the platform for a while.
    08-19-2011 11:31 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD