Mango Beta Update Results

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not dev unlocked at all. I was assuming that with this method you didn't need to be dev unlocked.. Is there even an unlock that works for the Arrive?

I'm not too familiar with the process on the Arrive. I know I did it with my dev-unlocked Focus and didn't have any issues. I remember seeing a part where it stated that it was checking my phone to ensure it was unlocked.

Hopefully other Arrive owners can chime in...

jake8188

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
its not hard once it starts, and you have everything to go back to if you dont like it. I honestly would say no because you cant use multitasking any. But the internet is a huge upgrade along with fb chat. It took me a long time to get fb chat to work. Also the screen looks a lot better for some reason.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think this was mentioned before but I'm not sure and can't search because I'm not on my computer. But an issue in having is that I can't receive any mms...no matter if it's just a pic, sound or video...it doesn't come through.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i got it to work, hardest part was the very beginning, only issue is I cant get fb chat to work..

I had this problem as well but found somewhere that if you log into www.live.com with your main live account you use for your phone. Then link your fb with Live (should be a fb icon on the main page by "Messenger Social"), then go on your phone and go to Settings>email+accounts and hold on your main account and select Sync and do the same for your fb account. After that it should start working, or at least that fixed it for me. Good luck :D

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think this was mentioned before but I'm not sure and can't search because I'm not on my computer. But an issue in having is that I can't receive any mms...no matter if it's just a pic, sound or video...it doesn't come through.

Haven't had this issue personally.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
anyone try visual voicemail on the arrive ?
I have it on the dell venue pro bout I don't see the switch for it on the arrive

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not available on the Arrive at this time. I think T-Mobile phones were the only ones to get it so far.

Thanks Tiny,
I really wanted to see it on Sprint, I wounder if its a carrier issue, do androids have visual voicemail on sprint ?

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Tiny,
I really wanted to see it on Sprint, I wounder if its a carrier issue, do androids have visual voicemail on sprint ?

I want to see this too on Sprint. I've been curious myself about whether this is a carrier issue or not. I'm a tech at Sprint and posted the question, but I have had no responses. Also, to answer your question, yes, androids on sprint have visual voicemail.

I recently did the unofficial mango update and had issues at first. My live tiles weren't working and I couldn't download from the marketplace. But after a hard reset it seems to be working fine now, just the occasional marketplace hiccup. I got my custom ringtones on my phone and will add more as I make them, but I was wondering if anyone knows about adding custom alerts for things like text, IM, email and calendar. I understand if we can't yet, but hopefully in the official mango release we will. That's one thing i miss from my android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999