Mango on the Arrive

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
hay anyone installed the beta of Mango on the Arrive yet ?
I have it installed on my dell venue pro and it works good but was woundering about the arrive since it has a slide out keyboard

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
You either need to be a registered developer, student developer, or find a link to download the files (like on XDA). However, you also need to have a developer unlocked phone or a ChevronWP7 unlocked device.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I went the unofficial route and got Mango on my Arrive that way. Not dev or Chevron unlocked. I don't remember the site, but you can find it in the forums, or even in an old article from about a month ago. It was easy, just slow to install.

I had some initial issues, but they were fixed with a hard reset. Now my phone runs Mango and runs really smooth, only have an occasional issue with the marketplace not wanting to download apps.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
How do you have RTM? I thought it was just Beta 2 that came out? And can you tell us if there's still the 160+ Character Bug still there? It's still on Beta 2.

Yes, it is still there. Starting with Beta 2 it changed slightly so it lets you keep typing but the send button grays out. With the (almost)RTM version that was just released it still works that way. So, what I have found is that you can just type what you need and copy some of the txt to another message. Still not ideal and maybe not even easier than just doing two txts. It is pretty annoying though.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you updated to Mango the unoffical way..which is by using the files posted on various sites. When you connect your phone to your computer/Zune, do you get a noticiation about the Beta 2 update or do you have to be officially updated to Mango beta 1 in order to receive the beta 2 notification?

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you updated to Mango the unoffical way..which is by using the files posted on various sites. When you connect your phone to your computer/Zune, do you get a noticiation about the Beta 2 update or do you have to be officially updated to Mango beta 1 in order to receive the beta 2 notification?

I did it the unofficial way and it did update me on the Zune Software when I asked it to check. The unofficial way actually just ticks your phone to receive the developer updates, at least that's what I think.

Regardless, if you're a college student or have a current college email address thats aproved, you can actually get a free year of developer unlock through Microsoft DreamSpark. I got it a long time ago and I have an officially unlocked phone now. Before, you had to submit an app to the marketplace for verification that you are a developer, but they got rid of that restriction. Now you can just sign up and get the unlock straight away.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I did it the unofficial way and it did update me on the Zune Software when I asked it to check. The unofficial way actually just ticks your phone to receive the developer updates, at least that's what I think.

Regardless, if you're a college student or have a current college email address thats aproved, you can actually get a free year of developer unlock through Microsoft DreamSpark. I got it a long time ago and I have an officially unlocked phone now. Before, you had to submit an app to the marketplace for verification that you are a developer, but they got rid of that restriction. Now you can just sign up and get the unlock straight away.

Wow..I'm in school now. I graduated last october with my Associates degree...now I'm going for my bachelors. I also have a college email address. So where do I go to obtain the free year of develper unlock?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks...I think I did it correctly. I registered my college edu email address on dreamspart or whatever its called. I then linked my dreamspart account with my apphub accounted that I set up.

I assume the last part is to register my device/phone. And once it's registered, it'll unlock my phone thus making it able to receive the beta updates, correct?

I want to do this so bad but I'm at work right now and I need to connect the phone to zune to unlock it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99