Can I use my catalog of e-books on the Arrive?

tbb78

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
For years now, I've used my Palm Tungsten E as a PDA and e-book reader. I've managed to turn the PDA functions over to my Arrive (I seem to be one of the lucky ones that was able to get it to sync with Outlook), and I'd like to use the Arrive as an e-reader as well.

I got the Kindle app, so I can obviously buy books when I want to (and I've set up my borrowing account with the S.F. Library). But because I have been using an e-reader for quite a while, I have a catalog of books in various formats (Mobipocket, epub, .lit, etc.) that I'd like to be able to read on my Arrive, as well.

I downloaded the Freda reader, but I can't tell which of those formats, if any, it could read. More to the point, when I upload books in those formats to my SkyDrive, the phone won't download them, because Windows Phone 7 doesn't support those formats, even if the e-reader might.

So I'm looking for solutions. How can I get my Arrive to read my old books as well as new ones?

Sainti

Jul 3, 2011
sainti.pl
Freda has a Dropbox support. You can put ebooks there and download them on your device. I think it is the easiest way.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Freda can read most of them. I used it on my Omnia II before I bought my dedicated device.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)