New phone..few questions

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Got my Arrive today and I've got a few questions...

Is there any way the Enter key on the physical keyboard can send the message instead of doing a true carriage return?

Is there any way other than hitting the power button to turn on the screen(I tried tapping a keyboard button)?

I think that's it...I'll let you guys know if I run into any more questions.

Any getting starting tips?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First question---No

Second Question---No---Sorry!
I am assuming you already have the keyboard opened. If its closed sliding in the the open position will wake the phone.

Third Question
I cant answer that I have Mango installed on my Arrive. In Mango I just go to settings battery saver there is a % readout there but I can remember how it in in NoDo. If my son was home I could check his Arrive but hes not. Welcome the the WPC were glad you decided to join us.

If you have any more questions just post up.

:ninja: Dave

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Technically, the Arrive does the same magnet "trick" as the TP2. If you move a magnet around above the top of the screen, it'll wake the phone up. But, practically, as D said, if the keyboard is already out, the power button is the only way to wake it... If you want to be impractical, that's up to you. :p

As for battery, I don't believe there is a way to check the exact percentage in NoDo.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! Few more things I've noticed...

If I have a text conversation open, close my phone and turn off my screen, then slide open my keyboard(which turns the screen on), then unlock it and go to type, the keyboard doesn't light up.

Another thing I noticed is that if I hit Shift or Fn then the key I want too fast, it doesn't register it. I kind of have to hit Shift or Fn then wait a sec and then it will work. I hold down the button but I type really fast and that slows me down.

Is there any way to 'Select All'?

When I delete an email in the app, it doesn't delete it on the server. Any way to do this?

Is there anyway to get the keyboard to stay on all the time while the sliders open? Sometimes i pause to think about what i wanna say and the keyboard turns off and i have to hit a key to turn it back on and then i have to delete that...

I really do love this phone so far. I got used to the keyboard far quicker than I thought I would. Battery life is great, Voice recognition is perfect. Very fast too. Bootup time is ridiculous. It takes like..10 seconds haha I love it.

Can't wait for Mango multitasking

Last edited:

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I was reading this and thinking "sounds like a pre owner." Then I saw your signature :)

The keyboard light on the phone is just whacky. I started looking for patches on the xda portal that would hoepfully keep the keyboard light on longer, allow the enter button to send texts and make the reply field automatically selected when using the keyboard.

I have to admit, I really miss: tap alert, open keyboard, type, enter, close keyboard. The tap, rotate/open keyboard, tap, type, tap, close keyboard feels so clunky after the Pre. In the grande scheme of things it isn't all that big a deal, but it doesn't have the awesome flow from webOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05