Opinion on the arrive

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Can yall give me opnions about the arrive how u like it is it hard to scratch

sent from my desire

Arrive is a solid phone. I've had mine since it launched on Sprint and enjoy it very much. The "hard to scratch" thing is a unicorn because it does not have gorilla glass and will scratch like most other screens.

Great keyboard, solid speaker. Good solid feel. Attractive phone. That said, the OS is what makes the phone and if Sprint offered more choices such as a phone with a bigger screen, i probably would have gotten that.

Hope this helps...

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah exactly what he said above.

Great hardware keyboard if you want one. I would highly recommend getting a screen protector. They are cheap and will save you from having to look at a scratched screen every time you open your phone or from even having to worry about it.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I keep mine in my pocket and have yet to scratch it and I don't have a screen protector. But, I baby my phones. Like these guys said, if you get a screen protector, you'll be fine.

MedicX

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine used with an ever so tiny "scratch" at the bottom. Barely noticeable. Rest of the phone is mint. I have to say, as with the others, that this phone is sturdy. I love the keyboard. I hate that some applications don't revert to landscape mode when turned on the side/ or keyboard is opened, but I do love this phone. Very snappy and responsive. You won't be disappointed.

king5697#CB

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I to have had the phone since its release. I have since installed Mango, and the phone is like a whole new phone. Much faster, real multitasking, better Zune experience...how the phone should have been at launch.

davenpj

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm stuck between the mesmerize and 7 pro I like 7 pro us cellular has 16gb version soon I Hess that's good lol

sent from my desire

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude..Get the Arrive

I got my Arrive and I havent looked back since. I was tempted to get the Samson Epic but its Android ( I hate Android ). I was a Palm Pre owner from its lauch over 2 years ago. I miss "My Precious" (pun intended) but the Windows Phone is providing GREAT therapy!! My Plam Pre currently resides on my nightstand as my alarm clock.

turdsamich

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive had mine for a couple months and dont have any scratches on the screen yet, it took a spill on the pavement the other day and survived so I can vouch for it being pretty sturdy.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine once on the concrete and my child threw it on the concrete once. Tiny scratch on glass from first fall and tiny scratch from the one time I put the phone in my pocket with my keys. Scratches not deep but visible. It is dinged up pretty bad. The plastic keyboard guard broke. Thinking about getting the Titan if on Sprint or WP7 Galaxy s2 if one ever comes out. But like the Arrive, it is very very tough. Most other phones would be useless after the beating this thing has taken.

MySweetf

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I was tempted to get the Samson Epic but its Android ( I hate Android ). I was a Palm Pre owner from its lauch over 2 years ago. I miss "My Precious" (pun intended) but the Windows Phone is providing GREAT therapy!!

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine a few times when I had first gotten the phone (haven't dropped it since). It did cause some light cosmetic damage on the hinge - nothing you notice unless you're looking for it. I'm surprised these drops didn't crack the screen or anything, because some of the drops were pretty dramatic. One actually ended with a chair leg under my full body-weight stabbing down into the screen, and the device being shot up into the air from the pressure!

Still running like a champ somehow.

cherrywithns

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I love the feel of it. Comfortable and easy to use. I immediately placed a Zagg, full body protector on mine, so I have no idea, if it would be easy to scratch.

TigerGrad85

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my Arrive and I havent looked back since. I was tempted to get the Samson Epic but its Android ( I hate Android ). I was a Palm Pre owner from its lauch over 2 years ago. I miss "My Precious" (pun intended) but the Windows Phone is providing GREAT therapy!! My Plam Pre currently resides on my nightstand as my alarm clock.

Hey, I still have the Palm Pre (also from launch), but am finally considering my options since the Pre 3 appears to dead before it was really even born. So are you finding this phone and OS to be a good transition phone? I'm on Sprint, of course, and don't really want to go the Android route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05