09-28-2011 04:34 PM
66 123
tools
    yeah man i had a palm pre im def used to waiting! lol
    09-23-2011 06:34 PM
    I just got my Arrive from Sprint and I would really love to see the Mango update on the 27th, but I don't believe that will happen. I've been using Sprint quite a while. The WinMo 6.5 update to the HTC TP2 took almost a year longer than Sprint had originally announced, and that was an "official" announcement from Sprint. Just hearing rumors from somebody that has a friend who knows a guy who's cousin used to date somebody that was a driver for a Q/A analyst at Sprint doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. The old saying is, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.".

So I'll look for Mango on the Arrive when and only when it is actually released on the Sprint site. There is no point to hope or speculate. They will delay, delay, delay, and then when it comes out everybody will be happy and say it was worth the wait.

But I do love my Arrive! WP7 is so much better than any other phone OS available! However, I am mad as all get out about the $10 up-charge for a "premium data plan"!!! My TP2 didn't need the extra $10 per month charge. There are many Android devices that don't require the $10 per month charge. Isn't Sprint the one with the commercials showing how their unlimited data blows past the competition? Well then why am I paying an extra $10 per month?!?!? Grrrr....
    09-24-2011 12:06 PM
    I just got my Arrive from Sprint and I would really love to see the Mango update on the 27th, but I don't believe that will happen. I've been using Sprint quite a while. The WinMo 6.5 update to the HTC TP2 took almost a year longer than Sprint had originally announced, and that was an "official" announcement from Sprint. Just hearing rumors from somebody that has a friend who knows a guy who's cousin used to date somebody that was a driver for a Q/A analyst at Sprint doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. The old saying is, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.".

So I'll look for Mango on the Arrive when and only when it is actually released on the Sprint site. There is no point to hope or speculate. They will delay, delay, delay, and then when it comes out everybody will be happy and say it was worth the wait.

But I do love my Arrive! WP7 is so much better than any other phone OS available! However, I am mad as all get out about the $10 up-charge for a "premium data plan"!!! My TP2 didn't need the extra $10 per month charge. There are many Android devices that don't require the $10 per month charge. Isn't Sprint the one with the commercials showing how their unlimited data blows past the competition? Well then why am I paying an extra $10 per month?!?!? Grrrr....
    There are not "many" Android phones that don't require the $10 charge... only one! The Samsung Replenish and that is only because it's a promotional offer. You had the $10 charge added because any new smartphone activation after Jan 30th automatically gets the $10 charge 4g or not. Doesn't matter if the phone is new or used either. Many people weren't happy with this charge obviously but something had to be done with Sprint losing so much money every quarter.
    09-24-2011 10:04 PM
    Just got news that 27th would be the roll out for Sprint. Just a little background.... For the past 5 years, I was a quality analyst for Sprint. I worked at the call center in Oklahoma. I was part of the group that was monitoring the calls. My responsiblity was the Ticket support team, and we worked closely with the Campus in Overland Park Kansas. My wife and I started our own business, so I resigned from Sprint, but I still have some contacts. My phone history was the Samsung Blade, then Palm Centro, then Blackberry Curve, Palm Pre, LG Optimus S, then the HTC Arrive.

I am anxious to have Mango on my device....
    Watch out.. to many details.. WP/Sprint ninjas are on their way to silence you.
    09-24-2011 10:30 PM
    So the answer to losing so much money every quarter is to make all your high-paying customers so angry that they look at other carriers? That's exactly what I've been doing. Verizon isn't that much more expensive now that Sprint is charging me an extra $10 for nothing. Verizon offers far superior coverage, and their 4G runs at like 40Mbps for my friend. My Sprint coverage is OK, but I do drop calls and cannot use my phone while in the office. His Verizon phone works everywhere, all the time, and never drops a call. He is only paying slightly more than I am now that Sprint is ripping me off with this extra $10 for NOTHING. So I doubt their business plan will resolve their problem of losing money every quarter. But hey, what do I know?
    09-26-2011 05:30 PM
    Watch out.. to many details.. WP/Sprint ninjas are on their way to silence you.
    Ain't that the truth, LOL. Haven't worked there for about a year now, but still love phone tech. In regards to the update for Windows Mobile, during testing and then right after the announcement, Microsoft told Sprint, that all efforts were going to be placed on Windows phone 7 and that they would not be supporting Windows Mobile any longer, not much any carrier can do about that.

I am anxious to see if Mango does come tomorrow.
    09-26-2011 06:26 PM
    Oh there twitter they told someone they dont have a specific date yet so I dont think we'll be seeing it for about another week or even longerrr :-/
    09-26-2011 07:48 PM
    You just made my month!
    09-26-2011 11:58 PM
    I think it's safe to assume tomorrow...

Support - Article
    wellsmanfu and DontHate707 like this.
    09-27-2011 02:41 AM
    comes out today!
    09-27-2011 03:31 AM
    I'm officially rolled back to NoDo and patiently (yeah right) waiting for my phone to tell me I have an update.

Don't bother checking, it's not going to be available this soon after midnight. Trust me, I checked like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for my new toys!!
    09-27-2011 03:38 AM
    Looks like the 27th was the correct date, now to try and wait patiently.....
    09-27-2011 08:05 AM
    Patience. Hahaha. A word that we hate, but many of us have come to appreciate. Coming from a Palm Pre, I have experience. Good luck to all and enjoy when it finally lands. I know I will.
    09-27-2011 09:19 AM
    Knowning MS... this will follow a traditional MS windows update. Tuesdays... after 9am PST.. or after 12pm ET.
    09-27-2011 10:58 AM
    looks like it's not coming for another few days for a few of us according to the front page (judging by the way things go with Android...that may be a while)
    09-27-2011 11:32 AM
    According to this post on the Sprint Forum's we're looking at 1pm CST today for the update going out.

Sprint Community: 9/27 - HTC Arrive Software Update -...
    09-27-2011 11:34 AM
    I am a current webOS Sprint Pre user who loves webOS, but with no new hardware, I sometimes think about getting this phone since it has a keyboard. Will this mango update bring tethering possibilities to this phone? I currently have freetether on my pre and use it for tether my touchpad. If this phone can do a similiar freetether I'd be inclined to try it with mango.
    09-27-2011 11:41 AM
    No tethering with or without Mango, sorry.

On a related note, as a disenfranchised webOS user, I have to say WP7 is slick. Never tethered with my Pre so it wsn't a deal-breaker and I'm very glad I made the switch.
    Last edited by Scottitude; 09-27-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: sp
    09-27-2011 12:04 PM
    09-27-2011 12:09 PM
    Still, unless/until Sprint starts offering the Samsung Omnia 7 and/or Focus, ryancellsprint is out of luck. For now anyway, the HTC Arrive is his only option.
    Last edited by Scottitude; 09-27-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: sp
    09-27-2011 12:32 PM
    Yes that's true Scottitude.
    09-27-2011 12:42 PM
    Updating now. Should be done in a few minutes. (coming from Mango dev beta).

The main thing I will be looking for here is a fix for the texting which won't allow me to type long messages and then auto-break them up.

Edit:

First it updated to the final build of Mango.

Then it ran through a cleanup update.

Now it is running through a Sprint specific update. (fixed texting - I hope so!)

So if you aren't already running mango, I assume you will skip over that middle step.
    Last edited by tiny; 09-27-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    09-27-2011 01:29 PM
    i just received the update....everything seems the same as RTM but I see no tethering option...
    09-27-2011 02:30 PM
    Booyah!!

Updating as I type this....started at 2pm CST.
    09-27-2011 03:03 PM
    Updating now. Should be done in a few minutes. (coming from Mango dev beta).

The main thing I will be looking for here is a fix for the texting which won't allow me to type long messages and then auto-break them up.

Edit:

First it updated to the final build of Mango.

Then it ran through a cleanup update.

Now it is running through a Sprint specific update. (fixed texting - I hope so!)

So if you aren't already running mango, I assume you will skip over that middle step.
    160 Limit is still there. :-(
    09-27-2011 03:12 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD