Battery life on arrive/7 pro

danisnotstan

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Great battery life here!

I'm noticing some of these posts for Mango-related battery life issues and I wanted to point out that I am experiencing the opposite of this. My Arrive had good battery life before, but it has gotten even better since Mango! I never had an issue with the battery dying on me before Mango and I always had plenty of battery to spare when I charged at bed time. This new battery meter that is shown under the "battery saver" option may be creating an optical illusion, but according to my usage, I have been averaging being down to around 50-60% after 15-16hrs and it is "estimating" about 24hrs remaining. Not sure if the estimate is usage based or what... My usage usually consists of about 30 mins - 1hr of calls, maybe 50 SMS, an hour or 2 of web browsing and taking a few pictures, etc. I only have 1 gmail account set to as items arrive and I get under 10 emails per day. I use Bluetooth for maybe 20 mins in the car and it's usually connected but in standby mode for that 20mins. I also have "location" set to on and wifi off when not in use. I have an Airave in my house but I also spend a few hours a day in a bad reception area. I had the day off of work a few days after installing Mango and my battery actually was at 79% after 18hrs... I couldn't believe this! (I did use the phone a little less that day and was connected to the Airave the whole time). As strange as it sounds, I have always felt like wifi uses MORE battery on my Arrive for some reason. It might have something to do with not being able to change the wifi sleep policy so wifi disconnects when in standby. Maybe the constant switching is hurting more than helping? Another thing to point out is I have barely any apps installed... Facebook, TuneIn, etc. Whichever apps have syncing needs I set to the lowest frequency. I also noticed that some people had issues with Mango battery compared to RTM or Beta... I installed Mango using the trick to force the update but I went from stock NODO... maybe there is a bug? One last thing, I noticed my screen brightness didn't seem to adjust properly. Even before Mango, If I set it to "automatic", even when in a darker room it was still sometimes too bright. If I toggled "auto" and medium on the manual setting, it usually went back to normal when I selected "automatic" again. I did come up with a trick to help the screen brightness issue and I actually posted a YouTube video here: Homemade light sensor trick to save battery life Blackberry Style 9670 - YouTube
This video shows a BlackBerry but the trick works the same for all phones with a light sensor. Hope everyone's battery issues get resolved!

P.S. I forgot to mention that this phone seems to have the same issue as some Android phones where if you leave the phone on the charger all night, when you take it off in the morning the battery will suddenly drop to 90% with only a few minutes of usage because the phone must be not using a trickle charge and isn't really at 100%... I usually use the phone for 10 minutes of web browsing while drinking my coffee in the morning then I return it to the charger for 30 more minutes and that seems to help alot.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My average day is about an hour of talk, about 100 texts, about a couple hours of either browsing, games, or pictures. WiFi and Bluetooth stay on 24/7. I've always had at least 30% before bed even on school days. Yesterday was not the case and I'll see again on Thursday.

I've had 1 normal day on Mango and it seemed better. Only time will tell. I don't wanna jump to any conclusions but yesterday in low-signal i was definately short some hours on battery.

Currently my phone says its been unplugged for 5 hours and has 1 day and 1 hour left on the charge. currently 69% and I've put about an hour of talk on it, about 20 texts, and probably 30 mins of Beards and Beaks since I got to work. lol

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea but I'm sure you weren't gaming, playing music, etc.

QFT.

Lost of people forget this. I killed my battery yesterday, but my GF and I sat together and played Burn the Rope for at least an hour last night. Games altogether I probably played 3-4 hours and it's not like I play games easy on the phone like solitare or minesweeper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss