Battery life on arrive/7 pro

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I usually don't charge for like 2 days. Using the phone radio will use the battery(texting/phone calls) but if you're doing everything but that, it'll last for FOREVER.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I rest my case ;)

18927d1315279003-210920_10150372487845289_596575288_10199870_3907006_o.jpg

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I get really good battery life too. I live in a house that gets bad signal with all the cell carriers, but Sprint works the best at my house. Since my phone loses signal, or goes from EVDO to 1X during the day its understandable to have to charge more than once per day, but my Arrive makes it easily until I go to bed with a good 25% battery life still. The Androids in my house? They're looking for a charger after only a few hours if they're lucky.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have between 50% and 25% battery depending on what I'm doing. I've only had the phone die on me after a couple hours of Words by Post without wifi or Netflix in a not-so-great signal area via 3G. I leave WiFi and Bluetooth on 24/7. I use my stereo headset for music/talk and browse the web, email, take photos most days. Every other day I go through the entire normal day and still have plenty of battery left for 45 mins of Netflix while doing cardio.

To put this into perspective, I used to have to charge my Android phone about halfway through the day, and then give it a couple of 20 minute boost charges in the car to get me to the end of the day. The Arrive sees the charger only at night 99% of the time. My car charger hasn't been used in months.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Arrive since the launch day, good battery life. It needed to be charged by the end of the work day 5 p.m. Since Mango update I go all day, always. The one caveat is that if your radio has to search for a signal it can drop very fast. I have no fear of my battery going out. Maximizing wifi extends battery life.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
just updated to mango and loving it...except, having crazy battery drain now. before my phone would last a day at least and now just a few hours. thoughts?

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
just updated to mango and loving it...except, having crazy battery drain now. before my phone would last a day at least and now just a few hours. thoughts?

Same for me...there are other threads around talking about this...did you update from Nodo or a dev beta Mango release?

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I updated from RTM and my battery lasts about 2 hrs. longer. If you have wifi nearby keep it on, signal search killz battery with this phone. Also go into the application part of the battery saver section and turn off background loading apps, I didn't have too but maybe you have a resource hog running. Good luck.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Same for me...there are other threads around talking about this...did you update from Nodo or a dev beta Mango release?
I forced the update from Nodo. Battery saver helps a bit. Going to try the suggestion of leaving on WiFi to see if that helps.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
I forced the update from Nodo. Battery saver helps a bit. Going to try the suggestion of leaving on WiFi to see if that helps.

I really think Sprint screwed something up with the radio software update that came with Mango...I was on wifi for most of the day yesterday and with moderate use got to the end of the day (14 hours later) and still had 40% left...

Today I was out in the middle of nowhere for work and in 2 1/2 hours I went from 80% to dead phone...and I was only streaming a podcast over BT for 30 minutes of that...

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I really think Sprint screwed something up with the radio software update that came with Mango...I was on wifi for most of the day yesterday and with moderate use got to the end of the day (14 hours later) and still had 40% left...

Today I was out in the middle of nowhere for work and in 2 1/2 hours I went from 80% to dead phone...and I was only streaming a podcast over BT for 30 minutes of that...

That's actually the nature of CDMA. If it is unable to even roam it broadcasts full power trying to find a tower to connect to. Why it doesn't just sit there and listen I don't know.

donnydonny#WP

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Because of WP7's awesome battery life, I usually don't charge my phone over night. Updated to Mango last night with almost a full charge and didn't notice a drastic drain this morning.

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
That's actually the nature of CDMA. If it is unable to even roam it broadcasts full power trying to find a tower to connect to. Why it doesn't just sit there and listen I don't know.

I understand but what I am saying is that I did not have this battery drain issue on the leaked RTM - only once I upgraded to Sprint's Mango which updates the radio...

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I understand but what I am saying is that I did not have this battery drain issue on the leaked RTM - only once I upgraded to Sprint's Mango which updates the radio...

Interesting, we'll see how my phone does today at school. It's a Sprint dead zone...

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Interesting, we'll see how my phone does today at school. It's a Sprint dead zone...

Yeah...please report back...if it's different for you I might have to try rolling back to NoDo and updating from scratch...I don't think that rolls back the radio but maybe something else is contributing to it...

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I played a bit of Beards VS Beaks today but also had my phone plugged into the computer trying to get my zune pass stuff to work and even with the boost charge it's pretty much dead and I've got a class still left to go through. Definitely not what I'm used to with this phone.

We will see if it dies in that class or not, it went into battery saver mode so maybe. It's so weird, just a few blocks over I've got full Sprint service at work but here I've got nothing but roaming. Boo!

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it died. They mustve turned up the radio a bit to increase call quality and ended up making it where the phone dies with no home network signal. That sucks... lol

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, it died. They mustve turned up the radio a bit to increase call quality and ended up making it where the phone dies with no home network signal. That sucks... lol

Yeah...problem is I don't notice an improvement in general call quality either...and I'm not hopeful for a fix from Sprint especially because it is not a "dealbreaker" of a bug...I'm just disappointed because battery life was one of the things I loved about this phone...now I'm back to my "Android" routine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo