Mango: power button no longer used for sleep mode

littleroot

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I updated my Arrive today and have a couple questions.

Here is the first: why when I hit the power button (on top) does the screen go blank for just a second and then shows my wallpaper with the date, time, notifications, etc instead of just putting the screen to sleep?

I will save other questions for another thread.
Thank you!

krilleny

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Same problem with Samsung Focus

I am having the exact same issue with my Samsung Focus. Press the power button to blank the screen and enter sleep mode, screen blanks for about 1/2 second, then turns back on with standard display of wallpaper with date/time info.

Powering off the phone doesn't make it stop - but it appears (for the time being) that connecting the phone to USB power does.

I also had the new automatic battery saver feature enabled. Turning it back off doesn't make the problem go away, but it might be a factor. When my phone got low on battery (probably from the screen being on constantly), the warning (with vibrate) was popping up literally every 1/2 second or so, in a way that was clearly unintentional.

Anyone else having this issue?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes, for any phone out there, a factory reset is required after an update/upgrade. But that would be the last resort if you can't make the bugs go away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss