tones and chat

sutt1576

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
hi guys

i have just got the htc 7 pro and am looking to find out if i can change the sounds my phones gives out for different Notification. i.e receiving emails text and facebook Notification.

also i have read that you can now setup facebook chat but i cant seem to find away to do this does any know?

thank you for any help.

anon(5329672)

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey sut1576. Bad news first, the os does not yet allow the customization of notification and text tones. Just ringtones. As for facebook chat, as long as you linked ur facebook account to ur phone already u will have the ability to chat. Just go to the messaging hub and slide over to online. After that just set ur status (availabe, busy, away, appear offline, and online) and it should show you to see whose online and allow u to chat with them.

Hope that helped.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just to add in that any custom ringtones you make will be available to use as an alarm tone, but as d03jke rightly pointed out not for texts and notifications. :)

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Instead of starting a new thread, I am curious on something. I notice the tone on my text messages changes, or there is like an additional chime as messages come through. Kind of neat, but wondering what is up with that?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720