HTC Arrive buttons vibrate...please help!

newwp7user

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I am a new Windows Phone 7 user, and have the HTC Arrive. I came from an Android phone with a full touch screen that had the home, search, and back buttons below. I was able to turn off the vibration when they are pressed, can you do that on the HTC Arrive? If so, how can you do that?

Thanks

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
newwp7user - I looked into this a couple of months ago. I don't mind the haptic feedback on the buttons but my brother wanted to turn it off. Turns out it is a manufacturer decision to provide haptic feedback or not. Not all WP7 phones have this. HTC does not provide a mechanism to disable this on the Arrive. I have heard that other HTC models have this option. I am surprised HTC didn't make disabling this option part of one of their add on apps but I haven't seen it anywhere.

So I'm not sure whether it could be done by HTC and they just haven't provided us a way, or if MS needs to add it to their standard settings. My inclination is the former since this is an optional hardware feature.

If you find a way to do this, please let us know. My brother would be forever grateful.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05