The Last Straw (or Arrive)?

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Arrive for a year now and love it. My wife bought the HTC Evo the same day and now she is fed up with it. She wanted either the iPhone 4 or the HTC Arrive and finally decided on the Arrive after playing with my phone and listening to me for the past year.

Today, we went to the Sprint store and waited for our name to be called. When we told the lady that we wanted to upgrade to the Arrive, a strange look came over her face and she said they didn't have any and wondered if we might want to try another model. I asked if anyone had one in the area so she checked. No one had one in stock and she told us to check back on Friday (when the new shipments come in). We left with a strange feeling and I looked online at Best Buy for it. All of the Best Buys in the area are all out. I found that Walmart sells them so we went to Walmart and asked them. They had never heard of it, much less had one for sale.

I did get online and go through the motions of ordering one from Sprint. After proceeding to the checkout, a message came up that the $49.99 deal would only be good until May 21. It makes me wonder what happens to the Arrive after that. Do they start giving them away if you buy an iPhone? I might try calling Sprint and ask them what is going on.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So Sprint is going from having one WP to zero WPs. Way to go guys. Good way to alienate your loyal customer base.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

cherrywithns

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
new windows phones coming

The rumor is that Sprint is currently testing 2 windows 8 devices, one with LTE too. I'm due for an upgrade in September, hoping that they are announced by then.

man1up

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Just hope Nokia's add blitz creates a ripple over to Sprint. Dan Hesse has been trying to pull some huge moves: iPhone, then almost picked up MetroPCS. I just hope he still has a trigger finger to grab a couple WP8's.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Update:
I called Sprint Customer Service to see if they could find the phone in the metropolitan area. They told me that they couldn't do that but could give me phone numbers to call on my own. After I hung up, I used Bing on my phone to search for local Sprint stores. The second one I called said they had 10 of them. We rushed down and purchased one. The sales woman assured me that it would have the latest updates. After looking at it, I realized that it only had NoDo. Still, we took it home and fed it updates and is now doing well. My wife is happy for now. We'll see how easy it is for her in the coming weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre