[SMS INCREASE] REMOVE the 160+ SMS Limit on WP7 for HTC Arrive GOLD_C

teaMJPx

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright, after searching time and time again. Trying time and time again... And Failing time and time again... (jejeje) I was finally successful at sending multiple messages through the HTC Arrive...

I feel so stupid for not trying this as one of the first things but hey... You gotta deal with your own stupidity at times ... jejeje

Anyway, what you guys have been waiting for...

HOW TO REMOVE THE 160 CHARACTER SMS LIMIT ON WP7
(I can only try this on the HTC Arrive as I do NOT have any other WP7 device)

I HAVE TESTED THIS ON ANSAR's CUSTOM ROM'S (16.04 TANGO V1 8773) AND ON DFT's CUSTOM ROM (Freedom V1)

Use the included REGISTRY EDITOR on EITHER ROM's to edit entree:

1.) Go to HKLM\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Router\CDMA and change the Contantenation entry from a 0 to a 1

2.) *** Very important thing (as of now)*** Select the EXIT from the Registry Editor (DO NOT BACK OUT of the app, press MENU then EXIT)
3.) Go to your text messages and try to send a 161+ character text message to YOURSELF

(You should not have the 160 character limit now, it should say message 1/2 but you should receive an error back saying that the message cannot be sent)

4.) REBOOT YOUR PHONE!!!
5.) Once your phone is back up, go back to the text hub and click on RETRY SEND to send the text message.

(This message will leave this time with no response from the Messaging App.)

***WAIT A MINUTE OR TWO TO RECEIVE THE MESSAGE, IF YOU DONT RECEIVE THEN FOLLOW THE NEXT STEP***

6.) Go back to your text hub and TYPE A NEW 161+ character message and try to send yourself again. This time you should receive 2+ messages after going through the network.

7.) Combine this tweak with my unlimited MMS size tweak and you are good to go!!! You can now have unlimited SMS characters and MMS size... jejeje
(For the MMS post, go here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/arrive-htc-7-pro/190826.htm )

THERE YOU GO... 160+SMS MESSAGE IS POSSIBLE THROUGH WP7... HTC ARRIVE... BOTH DFT AND ANSAR ROMS!!!

THANKS GO OUT TO ANSAR AND DFT FOR THE ROMS AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO LEADPOIZON FOR THE REGISTRY.

AND OF COURSE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU!!! JEJEJE

nismo_tuner125

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Where might I find either of these custom roms and how to install them? I havent gotten an Arrive yet (currently on an Optimus S with CyanogenMod7), but knowing I can fix the 160 character limit, I just might get the phone.. That is once I learn how to install a custom rom so I can perform this mod.

teaMJPx

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When you get the Arrive, you need to check the SPL Version. Find the information here: [DFT][Updated!#3] HSPL / RSPL for HTC WP7 First Generation - xda-developers

Depending on your version, you may/may not have to "downgrade" the SPL, (if your phone is on Mango) use this: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DFT][Updated!#3] HSPL / RSPL for HTC WP7 First Generation

Once that is done, download any ROM you want to use and ENJOY!!!.

There are many different ROM's out there for the ARRIVE (Gold_C) so you don't NEED the one I am using. Because I want to be fair to all developers out there, you can find different ROM's here: 7 Pro Windows Phone 7 Development - xda-developers including the ANSAR, DFT, and now LEAD ROMs... Just make sure the one you download is for the HTC GOLD_C otherwise, it is the WRONG ROM. Do not use GOLD... Must be GOLD_C :excl: :D

Hope that helps!! :happy:

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
On the Lumia official Tango I now have an option to use a reduced character set for texts. This should override the 160 limit as well.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon