HTC Arrive Sending SMS days late! Please help

respect306

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I don't post much, but I know many of you are geniuses and can hopefully help me. I have an HTC Arrive obviously on Sprint with Google Voice integrated. I send texts and sometimes people get them right away, but sometimes they don't get them at all. Then later (sometimes a day, sometimes over a week) all of the messages that they did not get come through at once and I get bombarded with replies.

It seems completely random so it's difficult to troubleshoot. It happens no matter who I send to (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T). I have searched this forum, Sprint forums, and Google Voice forums trying to find something similar but have had no luck. If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have rebooted the phone (waiting minutes), toggled airplane mode, changed prl and network profile, and pulled the battery and nothing changed. However, I did speak with another sprint rep who said they found the problem (idk if they were BSing me or if they really did, but I haven't had a problem for a couple of days so I will keep this updated in case anyone else has the same problem).

On a side note (I may create another thread for this), whenever I am on the phone with my gf for any length of time we get disconnected. It only happens with her, and has actually gotten worse since the rep supposedly fixed my other problem (by remote provisioning or something like that). She has Verizon if that matters.

Thanks again for any help!

EDIT 2: I finally got a hold of someone at Sprint who knew what they were doing. He did a few things (I have no clue what, sorry) and now everything seems to be working. If anything changes I will update this, but for now it seems ok. Thanks for replying!

Last edited:

thenet

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I don't post much, but I know many of you are geniuses and can hopefully help me. I have an HTC Arrive obviously on Sprint with Google Voice integrated. I send texts and sometimes people get them right away, but sometimes they don't get them at all. Then later (sometimes a day, sometimes over a week) all of the messages that they did not get come through at once and I get bombarded with replies.

It seems completely random so it's difficult to troubleshoot. It happens no matter who I send to (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T). I have searched this forum, Sprint forums, and Google Voice forums trying to find something similar but have had no luck. If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!!
You need to power off your phone and wait for 10 seconds then power back up your phone. That should fix it.

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Thanks!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have rebooted the phone (waiting minutes), toggled airplane mode, changed prl and network profile, and pulled the battery and nothing changed. However, I did speak with another sprint rep who said they found the problem (idk if they were BSing me or if they really did, but I haven't had a problem for a couple of days so I will keep this updated in case anyone else has the same problem).

On a side note (I may create another thread for this), whenever I am on the phone with my gf for any length of time we get disconnected. It only happens with her, and has actually gotten worse since the rep supposedly fixed my other problem (by remote provisioning or something like that). She has Verizon if that matters.

Thanks again for any help!
Sounds like you may be in a weak signal area, I would do a hard reset and make sure you have Mango installed. I remember this being a problem last year, have no problems now.

respect306

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you may be in a weak signal area, I would do a hard reset and make sure you have Mango installed. I remember this being a problem last year, have no problems now.
Thanks for your help. Yea I have mango. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset b/c redownloading all the apps is a pain. it seems to be working now, but if not I guess that's my last resort.

Thanks again.

fishhead_soup

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. Yea I have mango. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset b/c redownloading all the apps is a pain. it seems to be working now, but if not I guess that's my last resort.

Thanks again.

If you don't already have it, check out the ReInstaller app. It'll query all the apps from your wp/live account. Lets you reinstall your apps all at once or in small batches. Doesn't remove the pain of having to do it, just makes it easier.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa