Hello All,

I just bought a Windows Phone 7 HD 7 and I set everything up. I am really excited about my phone and all the capabilities it has and will have in the future. But I seem to have a problem I dont have an Xbox (sorry) but I setup an XBOX Live account through the phone (Gamertag IrockDol0) now I set up my avatar and what not but when I enter the Xbox live hub my avatar is frozen. the only time the avatar has animation is when you want to edit the avatar. Is there a reason for this. Is the phone broken. Also I refresed that hub several times I even brough the phone back to factory defaults and that didnt seem to work. Other than this issue I love the phone.

P.S. You can save my gamertag I need friends to play games with. Thanks
    01-10-2011 01:06 PM
    Don't quote me, but because you're using a generic Avatar ie. one you haven't customised through either the xbox site or on the phone, it is just a manikin.
    01-11-2011 03:32 PM
    Thank you for the reply I did customize my avatar and I have a gamertag everytime I open the Xbox live ansld I swipe to my avatar it looks like a still image. I thought something was wrong with the phone so I swapped my old one with new one still the issue persists. By the I i am typing this with my HD7 and the virtual keyboard is amazing. Any further help would be great. Thank you
    01-11-2011 04:01 PM
    well when ur in your Xbox live gaming HUB ( where all your games are )

your AVATART , NEVER has Animation , its normal.

It only has Animation ONCE you click on it and ENTER the xbox live ( where you see your profile/Achievements/friends)

if you want mroe animation get the apps: ``Xbox live extras`` ``vatar Gagets``
    01-12-2011 12:59 PM
    So the avatar is always suppose to stay in thats digitized state. I could of sworn that when you tap the XBOX LIVE UP the Avatar was a 3D render.
    01-12-2011 02:06 PM
    So the avatar is always suppose to stay in thats digitized state. I could of sworn that when you tap the XBOX LIVE UP the Avatar was a 3D render.
    well , where you see your Avatar in the GAME HUB it never mouves , you have to click on your avatar once you do:

your gona see a XBOX LIVE loading screen , then your Avatar will have a styling Slide in entry :P lol once your in , you can tap your avatar to give it random animation , click and hold to give it a specific animation or SHAKE your phone to make your AVATAR fall down , hehehe

Avatar gagets is a nice little 1$ app , usefull for people liek you that dont have acces to a Xbox. so u can give it custom pets and such . for example , my Avatar bust out DJ TURN TABLES once in a while lol. u can give him lighters flashlights , pets , w/e you want.
    01-12-2011 02:22 PM
    if you look at this youtube video and scroll to th 54 sec mark you see this users avatar as a 3d model my is just a stiff pose avatar if that makes any sense
    01-12-2011 02:31 PM
    if you look at this youtube video and scroll to th 54 sec mark you see this users avatar as a 3d model my is just a stiff pose avatar if that makes any sense
    witch youtube Vid? can you post the link?
    01-12-2011 02:37 PM
    01-12-2011 02:51 PM
    My Avatar is doesnt look like that its just in a frozen state
    01-12-2011 02:57 PM
    well if u look at the 54 sec mark its not animated.so i dunno what you mean. its just possing , exacly what mine does . its normal , little black dude with the WHITE tux , its not moving!

click on the AVATAR its gona load up the LIVE HUB then it should be animated.

once you click on AVATAR you get this:

make you you Download the : XBOX LIVE EXTRAS app its free and totaly worth it!!
    01-12-2011 03:35 PM
    That I understand but mine doesnt do that
    01-12-2011 03:43 PM
    Thank you guys for all your support
    01-12-2011 03:44 PM
    That I understand but mine doesnt do that
    did you Downlaod the XBOX LIVE EXTRAS app??

maybe it just looks good on the vid , cause mine on the game HUB looks kinda shiity too
    its like they took a screen shot of it and just put it there to fill in empty space lol .

Thank you guys for all your support
    any time

the real action comes with XBOX LIVE EXTRAS and AVATAR GAGETS.
    01-12-2011 04:29 PM
    Thats exactly what my looks like as long as I know thats I am not the only one. Hopefully its a bug that Microsoft can fix. Other than that this phone rocks.
    01-12-2011 04:49 PM
    Can I play XBOX LIVE Games with Friends if I have the silver package
    01-12-2011 04:50 PM
    hmm , no you cant . not on a XBOX any ways , maybe you can on the wp7 doh.

check it out here for complet details:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=QAk9rNsS

PS: feel free to click on the `` THANK YOU button`` at the bottum of my post ;) hehe
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 01-12-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    01-12-2011 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD