Official T-Mobile USA NoDo Rollout

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here, updating as typing. Make sure your 3gs is off and your Wifi is on on your HD7. The first couple times I had both off and nothing. Once I read through the thread I learned I needed to have Wifi on on the HD7 and the first try it worked.

Can you post your radio revision number and such? I'm thinking about trying this method but worried that it isn't the device specific build which is what I want to make sure it contains the fixes HTC has made and the radio firmware update that T-Mobile added as well...

zulu23

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing as I was updating since my 3g signal is always weak and my bluetooth is awful. How would I confirm this is device specific?

OS version 7.0.739.0
Firmware revision number 2250.09.12001.531
Hardware revision number 0002
Radio software version 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09U
Radio hardware version A.12.0.D4

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing as I was updating since my 3g signal is always weak and my bluetooth is awful. How would I confirm this is device specific?

OS version 7.0.739.0
Firmware revision number 2250.09.12001.531
Hardware revision number 0002
Radio software version 5.51.09.11a_22.31.50.09U
Radio hardware version A.12.0.D4

Uh-oh... that's not good... I don't think you got the device specific updates (e.g. radio from T-Mobile to fix signal issues, and the firmware patch to fix the "pink camera/photos" issue) I just checked on my non updated HD7 and those firmware and radio specs are the same, had you recieved the updated radio and firmware I'm sure those numbers would differ from mine...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Uh-oh... that's not good... I don't think you got the device specific updates (e.g. radio from T-Mobile to fix signal issues, and the firmware patch to fix the "pink camera/photos" issue) I just checked on my non updated HD7 and those firmware and radio specs are the same, had you recieved the updated radio and firmware I'm sure those numbers would differ from mine...

OK... cancel that... I just checked an "officially updated" NoDo HD7 and that info is the same... I wonder how we can tell... can anyone that forced it confirm by shooting a pic of a white surface? lol

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Woooowwww!

Night and Day difference look at the picture I took of this White tissue paper... you guess which one is 7008 and which one is 7390 lol

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Night and Day difference look at the picture I took of this White tissue paper... you guess which one is 7008 and which one is 7390 lol

oh nice LOl
Another thing,is it me or are there some new ringtones added? i rarely change my ringtone so i could be mistaken.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
oh nice LOl
Another thing,is it me or are there some new ringtones added? i rarely change my ringtone so i could be mistaken.

Yeah there are some new ones but I dont change em either I use portal it sounds like an acid trip lol jk never tried that so I wouldn't know. It does sound cool though. The only bug that wasn't fixed that I would have like fixed was the choppy notification sound when the phone is sleeping/locked. Well it happens less often now but it still happens.

morgantj13

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
nice, updating my phone now!
I almost did the hack yesterday to trick it into downloading the update early, but held off because of possible issues(like not getting all the tmobile fixes etc)

HTC HD7 Tmobile
No Notification, I have that alert turned off...i just checked in zune
Long Beach, CA United States

morgantj13

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
however, I just checked and zune says my gf's phone is up to date...when it only has the feb update

she's gonna be mad that I got it first lol

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
however, I just checked and zune says my gf's phone is up to date...when it only has the feb update

she's gonna be mad that I got it first lol

You can do the trick to force it through. I learned that any OEM optimizations to updates that Microsoft makes are all given to Microsoft to bundle with the update and then the device specifically calls for those lines of code, so quite literally, no matter what device we have, it's all the same software. Those revision numbers I was comparing are reserved for direct updates sent from the OEM (firmware revision number) and/or the carrier (radio firmware revision number). That's why I posted those pictures of the same white tissue paper up, one was 7.0.7008.0 and the actual white non affected picture was after the forced NoDo trick. Therefore proving that HTC optimizations are in the update, as are every other OEMs too. So if anybody hasn't received NoDo and is still on the fence about this I can assure you, do the forced NoDo trick and you'll be set.

JRDroid

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't sem to get this to work. It says I am up to date even when I disable the internet connection to my computer. I have cellular data and 3g off on the phone and wifi on.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't sem to get this to work. It says I am up to date even when I disable the internet connection to my computer. I have cellular data and 3g off on the phone and wifi on.

The way I did it was with Data and WiFi OFF, but leave 3G ON (I know it makes no difference with the Data being off and stuff but I'm just replicating the steps that I took) then when your plugged into Zune and are in the settings ready to click on update (try using a physical broadband connection either ethernet or USB works fine) once you click on update that little pink and orange progress bar will fill up and stay full but as it's filling up, try catching it at about 3/4 of the way filled and just "pull the plug" on the internet (either USB or ethernet) and the progress bar disappears for about 1-2 seconds and then it'll notify you saying that there is an update available. Well those are the exact steps I took. It worked successfully for me on the third shot, the first I tried pulling the plug literally right when I clicked on update, the second I pulled it right after the progress bar filled up, and the third and final time was when I caught it at three quarters and it worked. So give that a shot and check it out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz