"H" rather than "3G"

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has seen an H in HSPA+ locations? I know that the HD7 does not support HSPA+ blah, blah, blah, however the manual (page 16 to be exact) for the HD7 shows that an H will appear for HSPA connection. I am located in an HSPA+ area and have never seen an H so I was wondering if anyone else has even seen it? Just curious.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I used the sideloaded app Advanced Configuration Tool to add the 3G+ icon to my Surround, and now occasionally my signal will change from 3G to 3G+ while walking around the house. The H is probably in there but simply not enabled. Who knows why.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone has seen an H in HSPA+ locations? I know that the HD7 does not support HSPA+ blah, blah, blah, however the manual (page 16 to be exact) for the HD7 shows that an H will appear for HSPA connection. I am located in an HSPA+ area and have never seen an H so I was wondering if anyone else has even seen it? Just curious.

Do you have a U.S. HD7 on T-Mobile? I think the U.S. version doesn't show the H. I know mine doesn't.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know it can be dependant on the tower and network if it is transmitting H or 3G etc. Both are very similar to each other in terms of speed. For example my HD7 (in the UK) is currently showing H but at work it varies between 3G and 3G+

Forgot to add I also get 3G displayed as well as H when at home.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720