Picture rotation

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, when I take a picture holding the phone in landscape mode, the camera decides to turn it 90 degrees on its own, and then refuses to turn it back no matter which way I hold my phone. Then whoever I send the picture to, receives it sideways, but other times, pictures come out perfectly fine while holding the phone in the same exact position. Does this happen to anyone else?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, when I take a picture holding the phone in landscape mode, the camera decides to turn it 90 degrees on its own, and then refuses to turn it back no matter which way I hold my phone. Then whoever I send the picture to, receives it sideways, but other times, pictures come out perfectly fine while holding the phone in the same exact position. Does this happen to anyone else?

It's happened to me once or twice I think the issue is with the accelerometer. It's happened when I'm holding the phone in portrait, start the camera, aim it at the ground to shoot something on the floor, AND THEN turn the camera sideways to hold it in "landscape mode" but the camera doesn't register the accelerometer with it "laying down" and since these devices don't have a gyroscope it can't sense the "twisting" motion from when you switched from portrait to landscape while the device is "laying down". Other than that I've never had that issue.

Edit: this "bug" will also happen when you're aiming up.

Last edited:

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish it would send it to landscape normally, the times its done it, it turns the picture clockwise, so by holding the phone vertically, the picture is upside down lol

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish it would send it to landscape normally, the times its done it, it turns the picture clockwise, so by holding the phone vertically, the picture is upside down lol

Unfortunately, there won't be a way to fix this issue with current hardware as they don't have the gyros. They MIGHT be able to work something in software wise, where the viewfinder "detects" rotation and adjusts accordingly. That however wouldn't be implemented (if they were to implement something like that) until an update after mango probably.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Many of the photo editing apps will let you rotate/save the photo. Think you can do it with Thumba. I had to do it once or twice.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Many of the photo editing apps will let you rotate/save the photo. Think you can do it with Thumba. I had to do it once or twice.

Is there any photo editing apps that don't remove the geo-tagging from the photo? Quite honestly the HTC photo editor is enough for me, but it removes the geo-tags from em. Pretty annoying.

I have had this happen but notice it only happens when I am holding the phone

Yeah I know what you mean when I'm mentally tired my telekinesis won't work that well and I'm forced to hold the phone with my hands.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there any photo editing apps that don't remove the geo-tagging from the photo? Quite honestly the HTC photo editor is enough for me, but it removes the geo-tags from em. Pretty annoying.

Just checked a photo I edited with Thumba and location info was still there. Also is does rotate photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786