phone won't boot up

omgitsjordan

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone, just got a hd7 and it won't boot up, i've tried erasing everything, pulling the battery and hooking it up to the computer. has this happened to anyone else? coming from a palm pre and all its problems, not this.. smh

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Never have had this happen. What does it actually do? How far it the process does it go? Mine goes HTC screen, Tmo screen, Windows phone screen, then Tiles. Where does yours stop?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I did mess up my phone a bit via a registry hack which I was fortuantely able to repair. Have you done anything to your phone or is it stock with only official marketplace apps?
If you just got it within the last 30 days or so you can probably do a simple exchange for a new device. If it is outside of the 30 days then regular warranty would apply or you could try reflashing the ROM if you wish to go that route.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If the phone won't boot after a hard reset, etc., themicro SD card may be dislodged. Did the phone get shipped to you. Was it bounced around. The card is not user serviceable so it would need to go back to the factory for repair.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

omgitsjordan

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Never have had this happen. What does it actually do? How far it the process does it go? Mine goes HTC screen, Tmo screen, Windows phone screen, then Tiles. Where does yours stop?

the phone just gets to the htc screen then it beeps and starts the process over. it will keep doing this non stop, over and over. the phone was completely stock, had it for only a couple days

omgitsjordan

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I did mess up my phone a bit via a registry hack which I was fortuantely able to repair. Have you done anything to your phone or is it stock with only official marketplace apps?
If you just got it within the last 30 days or so you can probably do a simple exchange for a new device. If it is outside of the 30 days then regular warranty would apply or you could try reflashing the ROM if you wish to go that route.

sorry for the double post but just saw this post. everything was stock and only downloaded a few official marketplace apps. how would i re flash the rom?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bother reflashing. If it's only a couple of days just go back to the store and get a new one. Depending on your state you have between 15 and 30 days.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Before returning the phone for a replacement you could try a Hard Rest?
1. Power handset 'Off'.
2. Press and hold Volume up and Volume down keys.
3. While still holding Volume up and down keys, press the power button briefly.
4. Shortly after release the volume keys and follow on screen instructions to complete the reset.

Remember this will wipe the phone and return it back to its default settings so basically as you had the phone when you first bought it.
Strangely HTC in thier user guide has now decided to call a Hard Rest as taking the battery out, returning it and powering on since the dawn of the WM Smartphone this was always a soft reset not a hard reset. Thanks HTC for confusing people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre