So, this is happening to my HD7 for about 2 weeks now: every time I forget to charge my HD7 on time and the battery gets empty so that the phone shuts itself down and I try to charge it again, it won't boot up anymore. I get to see the white HTC screen but then the black screen which tells me to plug it to my PC shows up. It does that for about a minute and then it will restart and do the same thing again.

I'v tried everything. Using older backups and doing a hard reset won't help either.

So, it seems that the phone will work just fine until the battery gets empty.

I appreciate your help!
    06-25-2011 04:47 AM
    So, this is happening to my HD7 for about 2 weeks now: every time I forget to charge my HD7 on time and the battery gets empty so that the phone shuts itself down and I try to charge it again, it won't boot up anymore. I get to see the white HTC screen but then the black screen which tells me to plug it to my PC shows up. It does that for about a minute and then it will restart and do the same thing again.

I'v tried everything. Using older backups and doing a hard reset won't help either.

So, it seems that the phone will work just fine until the battery gets empty.

I appreciate your help!
    Well, I know if the battery is "dead enough" when you plug the phone into a power source, the phone will boot into a "charge only" mode which is a black screen with a white battery icon with a little plug in the battery. It stays that way for maybe 2-5 minutes then, normally, it boots up again. Could you describe the process your phone takes exactly when it dies?
    06-25-2011 10:20 PM