Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How old is the HD7S and how does it compare to the Samsung Focus in terms of:

1. Camera
2. Screen quality
3. Call quality
4. Data transfer
5. Audio quality (music via headphones)

I am going to be replacing my HTC Trophy and am considering one of the devices on ATT.

Any recommendations?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Camera, pretty good. Surprisingly good for 5mp.

2. Screen quality, incredible.

3. Call quality, 4/5. Sounds a little "tinny" from time to time.

4. Data transfer, pretty fast.

5. Sound quality, pretty good with headphones.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
1. I like the camera of the 7 in comparison to the Focus because of the dual LED flash. Makes a difference.

2. In comparison to the Focus, it lacks because the Focus has the SAmoled, BUT IMO in real life experiences, the quality works and looks great on the 4.3 screen. It's not like you are running into tons of people with S-Amoled displays to compare it to everyday

3. About a 4/5 for my HD7 (not sure if the S has a difference).

4. Depends on your coverage

5. Sounds great on the headphones (I use bluetooth stereo headphones). The Focus is a little louder when it comes to speaker audio though

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what ATT's exchange policy is in terms of number of exchanges? I would like to try both the Focus and Exchange if possible. Also, I will definitely switch to a newer device if one is announced in the next 30 days.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what ATT's exchange policy is in terms of number of exchanges? I would like to try both the Focus and Exchange if possible. Also, I will definitely switch to a newer device if one is announced in the next 30 days.

If you are getting the phone on contract they have to accept a return within 30 days no matter what (unless you break the phone). It's required by law (in the US). They call it a "Buyers remorse return" at best buy... I've done it with two Android phones on At&t. I didn't looka t my bill, but I'm 75% sure they refunded or didn't charge the upgrade fee of $18 as well.

Also, you might try buying one off Ebay. I just bought the Focus's cousin the Omnia 7 (which I like better than my old Focus) for $200. Then just turn around and sell it on Ebay when you want a new one.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

AT&T allows for 1 exchange per phone (plus restocking fee) in cases where you change your mind about the phone. I have been able (along with others) to get a 2nd exchange done a few times, but with a managers approval only.

Also be aware that only in certain states, like California, the law provides for 30 day "buyers remorse" period, whereas most states, the law provides for only 14 days.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T allows for 1 exchange per phone (plus restocking fee) in cases where you change your mind about the phone. I have been able (along with others) to get a 2nd exchange done a few times, but with a managers approval only.

Also be aware that only in certain states, like California, the law provides for 30 day "buyers remorse" period, whereas most states, the law provides for only 14 days.

It is 30 days here in OR for ATT, however Verizon only allows 14 days. Anyway, I got a HD7S and am just not liking the device. I want to exchange it, but will wait until I know for sure that there is no new WP7 phone coming out during my 30 day return period.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating the same thing. My current phone is on ebay and the auction ends tonight. I'll be ordering a HD7S or a focus...

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating the same thing. My current phone is on ebay and the auction ends tonight. I'll be ordering a HD7S or a focus...

I will most likely be returning my HD7S in the next 30 days:

1. Blurring of text while scrolling - looks ugly
2. Headphone jack at bottom of phone, instead of of
3. Mouthpiece and Earpiece mesh areas are dust magnets

Not returning it sooner because I can exchange for a newer device if one is announced withing my exchange period. If none is announced then I will get the Samsung Focus.

zstef94

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to make the same decision. My atrix is on ebay right now and the auction ends on sunday... I wanted the HD7S but everyone is saying its a dust magnet and is ****ty.. but i love htc designs so much more than samsung! what to do what to dooo!!!

michaelpartlow

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently picked up the HD7S when AT&T had them for a penny. Yes a little dust gets in up top, but it's nothing that can't be blown out. It's not a problem at all. I also had a bit of trouble with background hum during calls. This is now gone. Anyway, I like the phone a great deal and the price couldn't be beat. I say go for it and grab one. Mango on it runs smooth. It's really nice.
I've had Android, BB, and Windows Mobile. The HD7S with Mango blows them all away.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think anybody that says it's a crappy device are OVERLY exaggerating. The only one that I could think of that would be close would be the Quantum

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think anybody that says it's a crappy device are OVERLY exaggerating. The only one that I could think of that would be close would be the Quantum

Lol, thanks for making me feel better that I didnt buy that one :p

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro