Mango on AT&T HD7s

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If MS can't keep their communication updated, I have little faith that they can support a strategy for their OS. My HD7S is going back it it's box, and will be back with ATT this weekend.

moza1961

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Huh?

Your kidding, right? Your taking the phone back because you cant wait a week to get an update? I'm anxiuos for the update too. I check 2-3 times a day but I'm fine with using it as is a while more.
Good luck with your next device!

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Your kidding, right? Your taking the phone back because you cant wait a week to get an update? I'm anxiuos for the update too. I check 2-3 times a day but I'm fine with using it as is a while more.
Good luck with your next device!

Nope, not kidding at all. What makes you think that the update will be available in a week. If Microsoft can't keep its commitment then I don't know who else to trust. 10 biz days is what the update page says. 10 biz days later, there is not even an update. About luck with my next device, I don't need luck, really.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Woah there. I though it switched to scheduling yesterday (or maybe the day before). So Microsoft has 10 days to move from scheduling to deploy. If your counting from the day Mango was released then your ***** is with AT&T.

And why didn't you just install the Mango beta when it became available if your were so anxious. That's what I did the day it was released and then upgraded to Mango final when it was pushed out to me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Woah there. I though it switched to scheduling yesterday (or maybe the day before). So Microsoft has 10 days to move from scheduling to deploy. If your counting from the day Mango was released then your ***** is with AT&T.

And why didn't you just install the Mango beta when it became available if your were so anxious. That's what I did the day it was released and then upgraded to Mango final when it was pushed out to me.

It has been in scheduling since 9/27, which is when I got the phone. The beta wasn't available then.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't wanna do the whole beta thing, because of "brick" paranoia... LOL
Understood. Same here as I have never installed a custom ROM. Too late now, but the Mango beta sidestep was really quite painless. I actually have a dev account so was invited to install the beta, but because of some Vista 64 glitch and MS dev tools, I couldn't load the beta using official channels (a hard reset eventually fixed that) so I used the unofficial method and it worked like a charm.

Lets see if the Mango update can beat you to the AT&T store. The race is on.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't wanna do the whole beta thing, because of "brick" paranoia... LOL

I actually like playing with and testing Beta's. I have done (still doing it) this with other technologies that are taboo to mention in this forum <GRIN>. I was too late to get on the beta bandwagon for Mango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos