12-30-2011 06:06 PM
29 12
tools
    After the htc update (Internet Sharing), Firmware revision number, Radio software version and Bootloader version has been changed. But the MAC changes in every restart.
    Lobbie1978 likes this.
    12-11-2011 03:42 AM
    Sa-Weet, it finally is here (Internet Sharing). I have'nt tried it out yet but I got the upgrade a few nights ago. Like most people that I see replied to this thread they say that their MAC address changed. I have MAC address filtering on my router at home and after I did the update I noticed I also could not connect to my wireless network. Is there an easy way (on the phone) to see what your MAC address is? I had to turn off my MAC address filtering and connect. My router has a search function to see what connected recently and gives the MAC address, from that point I can just re-enable my MAC address filtering and input the new MAC address. I had heard one user saying that you get a new MAC address after each and avery restart of your phone......any truth behind that?
    12-13-2011 10:29 AM
    Anyone who didn't had the 7740 and internet sharing firmware yet, I suggest you take a look at this thread at XDA Developers: [CAB] Official WP7 Update list for offline updates: OS / OEM / ALL LANGUAGES - xda-developers

You just download the WP7 Update Cab Sender tool and the 2 update .cab packages, and the tool will send the updates to your phone just like Zune would. I did it with the 7740 update and it went smoothly.
    12-21-2011 02:46 PM
    I'm on Bell in Canada with my HD7 and I have the 7740, got it over a month ago, and am still waiting for tethering.
    12-30-2011 06:06 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD