HTC HD7 Questions

inicophone

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am considering moving to the Windows Phone platform! I quite like what I have seen and it seems to me that I would get good use out of it. And I really like the HTC HD7.

I have a few questions that I would be grateful if any current owners could answer!

Firstly, some reviews claim the screen is "washed out" or poor? I went to a phone store and they had the HTC HD7 running and to me, the screen looked fine? I don't understand what the problem is with it!

Secondly, it is too big? I have quite a small smartphone now and I am wondering if the size is too big?

Thank you so much :)

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
First off, Welcome to WP Central!

What smartphone are you coming from now?

To answer your question... If you didn't see a problem with the display, then I say get it!! I think the people that say the screen is washed out are comparing it to the Focus with the Super Amoled display which gives the appearance of better color saturation and deeper blacks. Honestly its up to you.

As to is it too big, again its up to you. I don't mind the size... I like the big screen and that makes the keyboard really nice. I went from the smaller HTC Surround and I had a terrible time typing accurately and quickly with that keyboard. Go to a store and play with one... then see if it will fit in your pocket. that might help make your decision.

Another alternative might be the new Focus S that released today. It's got the same screen size but it's a lot thinner.

I hope you enjoy whichever device you choose. you can't go wrong either way.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC HD7 and the screen looks great! I don't have any issues with it except on a sunny day, when outside, then the screen is a bit hard to see but apart from that, i do not see the screen as being "Washed out" or poor. it looks good!
As for the size factor - this is either or. I have a N900 (3.5") screen and i must say that the 4.3" just looks a lot better! From my wrist to the tip of my middle finger is 20cm and the HD7 fits comfortably and i can access all buttons. It makes reading websites, books, etc much much easier and there is no need to squint :D
The phone fits comfortably in my trouser pockets and in my cargo pants pockets. it is a relatively light phone and i often forget that i am carrying in my pockets.
I would suggest giving it a try, the size and screen and general performance are worth the risk.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have with the screen size of my HD7 is that now I dont think I'll ever be able to go back to small screen phones. lol I love my phone, it does everything great. The camera's awesome, the kickstand on the back is actually useful, and there are some cool accessories that I havent seen with other windows phones like my Powerskin case. It's a case with its own battery pack so u basically get twice the battery life.

The only gripe that i really do have is that for a phone with the best music player ever, 16 GBs of memory isnt enough to hold my music. But thats just me, this isnt an issue for most people

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Does the HD7 support T-Mobile's WiFi Calling? Also, was it updated to Mango?

I don't think any of the WP7s have WiFi calling, just checked, as of right now it doesn't look like there's an app for it so far. I'm not really sure if its supported by the OS either. . .

As of Mango, I'm running it as we speak :D also, there's a "feature" with Internet Sharing. You don't need to have Tethering on your plan to use it. It uses your Cellular data instead. On T-mobile at least haha

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
agree with everyone..
no way I'd buy a screen smaller than 4.3".. most likely bigger or at least the same..

no problem with screen quality and color and brightness.. except of course under direct sun light.. as with many other lcd.

However, the only problems I have with my HD7, otherwise would be a perfect phone, are:
- Low speaker volume (ringtone) .. way too low
- Small battery.. (barely last a day under heavy use). Normal use should last a day.
- Bad wifi signal reception (this is compared to my other gadgets).

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any of the WP7s have WiFi calling, just checked, as of right now it doesn't look like there's an app for it so far. I'm not really sure if its supported by the OS either. . .

As of Mango, I'm running it as we speak :D also, there's a "feature" with Internet Sharing. You don't need to have Tethering on your plan to use it. It uses your Cellular data instead. On T-mobile at least haha

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Which "feature" is that?

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm quite happy with the HD7... EXCEPT that the camera is utter cr@p. If the camera is important to you - if you know what "white balance" is - consider another phone. Otherwise it's great.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Which "feature" is that?
It's just as he said; internet sharing. it's the sixth option in the settings menu.
Is the camera a 5MP?
The camera is a 5 mp but apparently HTC likes using horsesh!t for camera optics and sensors so the pictures it takes are crap. the MP count isn't what's entirely important, it's the quality of the sensor and the optics used.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the HD7 support T-Mobile's WiFi Calling? Also, was it updated to Mango?

You can do WiFi calling with the Tango app. Free on the marketplace. You can only call other Tango users, but it's available on all the major smartphone platforms. And yes to Mango. Mine runs like it has a new processor in it since the update!

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You can do WiFi calling with the Tango app. Free on the marketplace. You can only call other Tango users, but it's available on all the major smartphone platforms. And yes to Mango. Mine runs like it has a new processor in it since the update!

I'm considering purchasing a lightly used one. Hopefully T-Mobile gets a Nokia soon. How's the build quality of the HD7? Is it good like the other HTC's?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss