phone can't connect to wifi since update

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i just went back to tmobile. They are shipping me out another phone. Now I'll have to decide if i run the update again ;)

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh man. So they think it is enough of an issue for you to get a new phone?! Wow. They told me I had to deal with HTC. I got my phone for free from BuzzAgent so they would warranty mine like that anyway, though.

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I "told" t mobile that I called HTC and that HTC said it was a hardware issue. There is no way that Tmobile could trouble shoot a FW issue. I told them since the phone was only 1 month old, I wasnt going to pay the $25 exchange fee. They agreed. New phone will be here monday.

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Now since mobile is pushing an update for the hd7, does this mean I have to do the HTC update also? Does anyone know if the tmo update might fix the WiFi issue I was having??

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
it fixes the MAC address issue for sure. I dont know about the wifi prob though

I got my htc update with wifi sharing today (finally). been waiting.
however, MAC definitely changes after i restart the phone,
fortunately i can connect to my router with no problem so far.

are you saying we should get yet another update again to fix mac changing?

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Two days ago I was notified about an "HTC update" , what is this update for? Does it resolve the problem about the MAC address constantly changing?

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I was notified about an "HTC update" , what is this update for? Does it resolve the problem about the MAC address constantly changing?

in my case, it doesnt fix it.
I got the htc update only several days ago too. but I already got 7740 a month ago.

Now everytime I restart the phone MAC changes.

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
seems to be that the MAC address only changes if you pull the battery. If you just reboot the phone, the MAC stays the same. (thats what I'm seeing)

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Over the past week I've been dealing with multiple HD7's. T-Mobile sent me a replacement one and I noticed a few things. The replacement one had a much better screen than my original, the colors were way more vibrant. This one didnt have the MAC address issue. Unfortunately, the refurb was not put together well (the back cover didnt fit right) so I returned it and got another one. This one (refurb) also had a great looking screen and no MAC address issues. Unfortunately, this one had a bad speaker! So i returned it. So my 3rd HD7 comes in and the screen looks like my original (kinda dull) and now the MAC address issue is back. Obviously the screen is not causing the MAC issues but maybe its a hardware version that is different between them.

sergi martinez

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Although it's years since this forum started I read the posts to see if I could solve my problem. The solution that a member suggested, deleting the WiFi network and adding it again, worked for me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss