T-MO & HD7 slowly becoming the enemy

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Last year when WP7 came out I went out and bought a new HTC HD7 ran great up until mango and the device stared to crash out every other day to the point where it had to be rolled back. T-MO sent me a replacement ON/off button does not work when it's charged the battery has to be pulled in order to use it. want to put it in sleep mode nope pull battery it's a mess talked with T-MO we don't have any devices you send you..huh? we can send you a radar with a new contract.NO..NO..NO... so i have that insurance and blow this up you have to replace it right.. yes... well then why can't you send me a replacement then? we can't we don't have anymore. but wait you have them on sale right now on-line.. those are new devices.. Oh so the replacement ones are the ones that people send back because they are defected and you guys turn around and send them out to folks like me right....This fight is on going. with some higher up manager suppose to call me tomorrow rubbish. seams to me if they can't replace it then they kill the contract not I.

six6xis

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This fight is on going. with some higher up manager suppose to call me tomorrow rubbish. seams to me if they can't replace it then they kill the contract not I.

Sad to hear. I'm pretty fortunate that my HD7 hasnt really given me any problems besides HTC's update making some features flaky. I'm trying to hold out for a better handset (4.3 inch) on T-Mobile but I may end up switching providers or phones altogether. I really really don't want to join AT&T's network.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sad to hear. I'm pretty fortunate that my HD7 hasnt really given me any problems besides HTC's update making some features flaky. I'm trying to hold out for a better handset (4.3 inch) on T-Mobile but I may end up switching providers or phones altogether. I really really don't want to join AT&T's network.

I could not agree with you more. I don't want to bang over to AT&T because with 6 devices with T-MO wife and kids and I. everyone is on a different time set for devices. it would just be a pain in the neck to do that atm. if they don't replace my HD7 then I may end up doing something else. that has a 4.3 or higher.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If your phones not a year old HTC will replace it. It comes with a 1 year warranty from HTC. You don't have to use tmo insurance. That's what the tmo people told me.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If your phones not a year old HTC will replace it. It comes with a 1 year warranty from HTC. You don't have to use tmo insurance. That's what the tmo people told me.

HTC will repair it, not replace it. And it can take weeks for that to happen. You also have to pay to sent it to them.

T-Mobile insurance gives you a warranty exchange of the unit. They simply list it as a manufacturer defect.

Just went through this.

The first refurb they sent me was so obviously broken I almost killed a rep through the phone (I had a flight coming up fast, I was already pressed for time). The second one I guess looks like a new unit someone returned within their grace period. It's flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes