The inside of my phone's camera lens appears dirty and takes sketchy dusty looking photos, I have had it for over a year and do not know where the phone manual is, is there any way to take off the lens to clean it with a Q-tip?
    01-31-2012 09:34 PM
    I wouldn't even do that.

If you have the insurance take it to a T-mobile store (not a T-mobile authorized retailer) and have them giv you a new one.

If not, then i think the best thing to do would be to call HTC Customer Service and tell them. It should be covered under the manufacturer warranty still.

Mine doesn't take dusty photos. This is one of my favorites taken with my HD7

So yeah, popping that lid off will probably void any warranty (Carrier, retailer, or manufacturer) it may have. Be sure to exhaust your other options before taking it into your own hands (so to speak).

Good luck!
    02-02-2012 02:59 AM
    so your taking dirty photos, hmmm?? (sorry i had to say that)
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    02-02-2012 09:33 AM
    Dont think so but, pretty sure manual on HTC website in pdf. download, maybe helpful
    02-03-2012 12:30 AM
    I had the same issue with my HD7 but I didn't have a warranty since I bought the phone second hand so I went a head and opened it up. If your phone is still under warranty then do not open it and try to deal with your carrier or HTC.

If you don't care about your warrenty then it is quite simple but you will need to pop off the lower cover (gently since the tabs are kind of flimsy and the plastic is thin) and use one of those special screwdrivers to open up the back and get to the camera.

I wouldn't use a qtip though since it may leave some lint behind. if you have one of those lint free wiping cloths then use that instead.
    02-21-2012 04:37 PM