I know it's an "old" phone. I just want it to try WP7 out on the $30 5GB plan from T-Mobile. I'll probably end up selling it in a month or two so I can get a Lumia 900 or maybe a Titan II, we'll see. The HD7 I got is from a mobile developer and the phone is very, very lightly used and actually rarely ever left his home. It's in very good condition and I can't wait to get it.
    DigTheNoise likes this.
    02-03-2012 09:08 AM
    The HD7 has been great for me ... I have one, and two others for my peeps.

It cranks Zune most of the day, I'll watch Netflix in bed and on the treadmill, YouTube streams smooth (I use YouTube Pro). Been great for work -- the face-down speaker phone and HD7 earbuds are great in the car (I use a pair of Sony earbuds for tunes, though). The camera is decent enough; I have a Nikon D3000 that I use only for studio work now -- I have no regrets using the HD7 for those everyday shots. Games have been smooth.

My only complaint is I wish the auto brightness performed to my taste.

(Use to live in St.Louis ... Compton Heights neighborhood. I miss that town, especially Soulard and Maryland Heights.).
    02-03-2012 10:53 AM
    I am looking forward to using it. I really wanted to try a 4.3" screen and compare it to my wife's 3.8" Lumia 710 that should be arriving in the mail today. Unlike you, I can't see that I'll ever use Zune for anything other than loading talk radio podcasts onto my phone. I'm not a music guy in the least.

St. Louis is decent, a little to thugtastic for my tastes sometimes. But yeah Soulard is nice. I don't know about Compton or Maryland Heights, though. I live on the IL side of the river, unfortunately, and don't get to STL too often.
    02-03-2012 11:00 AM
    The HD7 is a great phone shame I can't say the same for the battery life. very poor.
    02-13-2012 09:24 AM
    The HD7 is a great phone shame I can't say the same for the battery life. very poor.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. Real bad, in fact. Worse than my wife's Lumia 710, that phone has pretty bad battery life and it's brand new.
    02-13-2012 11:00 AM
    I still use mine to play games and use it over wifi for a pda. I changed to att and got the HD7s and it is alot better visually than the hd7.
    02-13-2012 02:27 PM
    My old HD7 is still doing me proud. It's been great over the last 18 months... but... I'd be a fibber if I said I wasn't looking forward to retiring it and getting a Lumia 900 or Apollo device. :D
    02-13-2012 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD