Deepshining ROM

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I want to do it as well, and I'm a complete WP7 hacking noob. I've rooted Android, so that's some experience there with this sort of thing. I did the Preware thing on webOS, which takes no effort at all. But man, this stuff looks tough. I don't even know where to start.

I do recall a post on the front page of WP Central regarding some users who updated to 8107 before the carrier/handset maker released the update. I think some of those people ran into trouble with the radio. I don't recall.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I want to do it as well, and I'm a complete WP7 hacking noob. I've rooted Android, so that's some experience there with this sort of thing. I did the Preware thing on webOS, which takes no effort at all. But man, this stuff looks tough. I don't even know where to start.

I do recall a post on the front page of WP Central regarding some users who updated to 8107 before the carrier/handset maker released the update. I think some of those people ran into trouble with the radio. I don't recall.

I already have 8107. I want it for the homebrew stuff, esp custom themes. You have more exp than I do! This is my first smartphone and the only hacking I've done prior is with an ax!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Bell pushed it out a while back... Despite lack of intent to carry devices, they have been Johnny-on-the-spot with the updates. I was nervous in this regard when they termed the hd7 EOL 2 months after I got it... Also: 8107 combines the accuracy of Nodo with the predictive/corrective speed and fluidity of mango! And, for me at least, solved the disappearing keyboard!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Bell pushed it out a while back... Despite lack of intent to carry devices, they have been Johnny-on-the-spot with the updates. I was nervous in this regard when they termed the hd7 EOL 2 months after I got it... Also: 8107 combines the accuracy of Nodo with the predictive/corrective speed and fluidity of mango! And, for me at least, solved the disappearing keyboard!

Oh, that explains it. You're not on T-Mobile USA. Lucky guy!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever do this?

I haven't as of yet. However I'm right on top of my warranty expiration... If the wife will live peaceably with me buying a WP8 in the fall I will keep the HD7 as a backup/workphone and do it then. I just can't justify potentially bricking my lifeline. (I am on the highway daily)

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I found someone on XDA wanting to do this very thing here:
[Q] HTC HD7 Unlock and Install Custom ROMS help?! - xda-developers

I went through and just completed the update last night on my T-MO US HD7. I ended up using the Y cable method. If you end up making your own cable make sure you get the connections tight. I just wrapped the connections around each other without soldering or electric tape and thought I half bricked my device when doing the goldcard install. I then tightened up one of the connections and it worked like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes