Wi-Fi = garbage

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The wi-fi on this phone is horrid. I have been trying since yesterday to download the new Facebook update, it's 1 meg. After 5 attempts the phone resets the download progress to 0% and starts over. This has been a common issue since I have had this phone. I even went so far as to move to another network and set the phone on top of the router, same result. The xBox Live Companion to me 37 attempts at 5 attempts each to get. Is this phone broken or this is just a common issue with this handset?

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 routers here and it behaves the same on all 3.

This has been my biggest problem with WP since I have been using it: no way to download apps and install them from within the Zune software.

Last edited:

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
After some more research I am not the only one having these issues. It seems the Wi-Fi and 3G in these phones was rubbish from the beginning. Oh well it only has to last me until the Lumia 910 is released. No more HTC for me.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally Skype comes out and this turd of a phone can't download it because of the rubbish Wi-fi radio in it. It gets to 50%, fails, and starts over at 0%. The 910 can't get here soon enough. This is without a doubt the most frustrating thing about WP7: no way of downloading the app on a PC and sending it to the phone via USB.

six6xis

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Before Mango my HD7 worked great. After Mango everything worked great but I had some problems with wifi and zune would freeze the phone when waking the screen. So now I have the update after that and the zune problem is fixed but my wifi mac address changes every once in a while and besides that the wifi does not work nearly as well as it used to. Sometimes it seems like it just doesnt want to load pages or anything. I've been holding out in hopes that they'd get a new 4.3 phone at T-Mobile but it just doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

TheDoros

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is a marketplace issue I do t think its your phone/wifi issue. I had this problem twice today.

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have no problems with the GPS on my HD7, but it does seem that the WiFi and cellular radios do not play nice when they both are activated especially when in fringe reception areas for both of them. Other than that no problems with anything else.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Are all 3 routers the same? Have you tried any changes to the wireless settings on the router?

You can actually use Zune to install the application, you just click upon where it says price. Accept the permissions, and if you have phone plugged into your USB, it should start syncing to the phone. At least it did to mine. That's actually how I installed applications when I first got my phone.

It doesn't work that way. I bought a game. It wouldn't download, as usual, so I tried getting from the Zune software. It says its already purchased and won't let me re-install it. I even went to the Windows Phone web site and did a re-install from there, again it fails 5 times and starts over downloading at 0%.

Last edited:

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no problems with the GPS on my HD7, but it does seem that the WiFi and cellular radios do not play nice when they both are activated especially when in fringe reception areas for both of them. Other than that no problems with anything else.

The GPS/Wi-fi has been horrid the entire time I have owned it. At first I thought it was because I was in Afghanistan. Going back the to states over the summer changed nothing. The GPS has so much drop out its useless for using as a satnav or for apps like runkeeper. I only have to deal with it until I get a Lumia 900, no more HTC junk for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire