just not working?

paul3200

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i was texting someone (iphone) then it wouldnt come out of standby(???) mode

it doesnt indicate it is charging at all :s i have no idea whats going on how can i fix it?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Paul. Are you using an HD7 or an iPhone? Or were you just texting to someone who has an iPhone?

Assuming you have an HD7, nothing happens when you hold the power button for a long period of time? Normally, a quick tap on the power button will bring you to the unlock screen, which I think is not appearing for you.

paul3200

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah i have a hd7 but was texting some1 on an iphone (not sure if it has anything to do with it)

nothing happens when i tap it or hold it down and when i put it on charge the charge light doesnt turn on

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with the other person's iPhone.

Have you tried a battery pull? Take off the back cover and bull the battery out. Wait about 10 seconds, then put it back in. Then connect the charger cable.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it's called a battery pull. So even after a battery pull, when you plug it into the charger the red LED still doesn't light up? Gosh, I don't know what to think. Your phone may have committed suicide. What were you texting? Just kidding.

There is a way to force the phone to reset itself by pressing on a combination of buttons. If I'm not mistaken, if you hold down the Power + Vol Up + Vol Down at the same time you should get to a hardware menu that will allow you to factory reset the phone. I think that's the key combo, I'm not exactly sure. But, being that your phone won't even react to a Power button press, I am not sure this will work anyway.

One other thing to try is a different charger and/or USB cable. Or a different battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786